stationery-is this enough? (1 Viewer)

leeam

HSC
i got 2 of those 5-subject lecture pads, "250 pages" except its 250 double sided, 125 really! how long will they last? at least it was with 2 free student planners!

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
And if its not you can always buy more - duh!!!!
I mean how much does it cost to buy a new exercise book? You can even buy them on campus!!

Stop stressing and relax - you still have a month till uni goes back.

leeam

HSC
oh yea, but the stupid uni published its booklist months ago, and has only just put up its journalism books-so i hav 2 go in AGAIN!!!

leeam

HSC
I think theyre spirax ones, got em from officeworks, but maybe theyre sold out where u r, or maybe its only available here

vicburke said:
Stop stressing and relax - you still have a month till uni goes back.
A month till uni gores back??? whoa.....only 7 days for me :D and yes to answer your question I reckon that should be enough, if not I spose just buy more when you need it

Gummy_bear

HSC
leeam said:
oh yea, but the stupid uni published its booklist months ago, and has only just put up its journalism books-so i hav 2 go in AGAIN!!!
What uni you going to?
I didnt even know uni's had booklists up yet. Anyone know if i can get a booklist for newcastle uni courses?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Actually, Nat, some Newcastle courses do use the Co-Op. Most people just choose to use UCB because its on campus and doesn't involve a hike into town. Gummy_bear, check out this link, click on 'text lists' (top left hand corner) then scroll down to 'Newcastle- 2006 1st semester'. Keep in mind, if you buy from the Co-Op, you need to join, its about $20, for lifetime membership, with only 10% off your purchases.

If your lists aren't there, check out this link for UCB (which is on campus, meaning you don't have to trek into town), click on the university logo (the middle one, between UNE and Tafe), click on "University of Newcastle" on the left (I think...servers just gone down, so now I'm doing it from memory) then scroll through til you find your courses

However, being first years, I reckon wait til you get to your first lectures and see how strongly they emphasis the need for them. Also, go to the library and have a flick through a copy of it, see if you really will use it, $150 or so for one book is a lot to spend if its only going to sit on a shelf collecting dust.
Also, check out the UNU classifieds as well as the student classifieds, within a couple of weeks there will be stacks of ads for (cheap!) second hand books. Don't forget bulletin boards around campus, too!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)