statistics (1 Viewer)

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
hey people

does anyone have any idea on what type of current stats we need to know?

any would be helpful or where to find them

thanks
ricky

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
also, 13 11 12

Freaky

HSC
N/A
Can someone please tell me an up-to-date figure on the CAD as a measurement of GDP??

Isnt it around 7.2%? Or no?

Freaky

HSC
N/A
Freaky said:
Can someone please tell me an up-to-date figure on the CAD as a measurement of GDP??

Isnt it around 7.2%? Or no?

Pixydust*

what we'd need to know - i'd say quite a bit on the general stuff (CAD, Iinterest rates/ cash rates, gini coeffecient, foreign assets and liabilities, unemployment) but most importantly, if you cant remember all the stats thats fine - make them up (educated guess ofcourse!) - but you must make sure you can identify the trends in these variables/indicators and the causes - bunch of numbers is useless unless you can use them to sustain an economic argument with good theoretical understanding. so stats aren't really that big a deal :) yay

adambra

HSC
Stats' importance are overrated. Markers know whether you understand the concept and can identify trends. Stats merely support your argument further. So, yes know some stats, but definitely don't focus on them.

Freaky

HSC
N/A
^Ok thanks for that.

Does not economists believe the Balance of Payment constraint to kick in at around 7% ?

kouklitsa

adambra said:
Stats' importance are overrated. Markers know whether you understand the concept and can identify trends. Stats merely support your argument further. So, yes know some stats, but definitely don't focus on them.
dont forget its part of the marking criteria for the 2nd essay.. ie "economic data"... my teacher penalised me because i didnt have enough stats... even though i had more than enough.

gorgo31

HSC
kouklitsa said:
dont forget its part of the marking criteria for the 2nd essay.. ie "economic data"... my teacher penalised me because i didnt have enough stats... even though i had more than enough.
Yes, exactly. It forms part of the Rubric, and in the Examiner's Comments each year they talk about the requirement for more stats. Actually, in last year's, they go as far to criticise teachers for not enforcing such a requirement rigorously enough.

But, each to his own :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)