Stay away from this subject! (1 Viewer)

~amy~

Unless you want to be bored out of your brains do not take this subject!

aj_number_10

HSC
dont be fooled
this subject has nothing to do with the earth and the planets etc

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
i got a feeling this subject scaled me down *stabs it*

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Yeah, I do this, it is the most easiest, boring topic eva, I got 95% in my exit exams, but everyone else in the class is so dumb they get like 80% and lower so I am first in the class and have been since the start!!!

annief

HSC
N/A
Have to agree with politik,
There is alot of uses for this course. Having worked in the industry and had my own business it help to realise what the expectation are and the relevance of the course.
Don't dimiss something worth while, your even getting a cert II out of this. VET is a privelage.

anii e

HSC
this subject has actually helped me in business studies..
xD

Rhystah

HSC
Im doing this subject now. Now im pretty interested in office work (1/2 computer dude here) and doing work studies in year 9 and 10 make this subject a breeze for me.

AND WE GET TO GO ON THE COMPUTERS:jaw:

daniel92

HSC
I have to agree with what everyones saying about this subject.
Its not boring.
It actually gets you somewhere in life.
Its a pretty easy and down to earth subject where most of it is basic knowledge.
Yet, if you find it so boring, why bother signing up for it.
Maybe you should have went around asking whats involved before choosing it.

fleck27

HSC
I would urge people to stay away from this subject, not because it is boring but because it is poorly taught and hard to grasp a whole and complete understanding of the course!

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
A hard subject to grasp not really

My teacher hand feeds my class all the information and if you were even half bothered you would go and actually try searching for yourself some resources to actually pass this subject!

You need to consistently like anyother subject apply yourself to this course otherwise say goodbye to the 1st in state that you want!

BTW my trial mark was 94% and i studied the notes on the hsconline website 3 hours before the exam, i never wrote notes on this subject i read and then do practice extended response questions, email them to my teacher and have her provide feedback.

gingyangel

HSC
the truth is if you don't do well of course it will scale you down
if you get band 3/4 for most subject it will automatically scale you down
of course this subject won't scale high like maths
this subject is very helpful and it will overlap if you doing any other subject such as design or business studies

one of the reason students are doing badly in this subject because they don't have enough resources such as additional materials and most importantly computers.
You need to practice a lot in certain areas such as petty cash, invoice etc.

if your teacher can't teach, go to http://www.hsc.csu.edu.au/ , the site follows the syllables extremely well and basically you can self-taught using that website.

but i'm not sure the site will change in future due to the syllables is changing next year.

anyway i heard this year exam is gonna be hard, my teacher said the exam pattern goes one year is easy, one year is hard and this we getting the hard one
you can tell by looking at the past papers

Emmmy-lou

HSC
i would not recommend staying away from the subject, unless you truly did not enjoy it.

half the skills you learn aren't just useful in business admin environments but a range of working environments.

i read someone saying that people do poorly because of a lack of resources that's why there is mandatory work placement and students should take full advantage of the practical application of what your learning.

plus anyone taking the subject (i think either) next and onwards or after next year will only get tested on 8 units of work in the exam in comparison to the 14 unit we have to learn which im not to happy about lol.

mattchis

HSC
This class is the easiest topic i do...all you need is some common sense and the work placement and you can do very well haha

DO THIS CLASS IT IS SO FUCKING USEFUL AND EASY

fleck27

HSC
My biggest problem with this subject is that I do it at TAFE- basically all of the modules are pass/fail which means i have never been given a standard test in which to gauge my abilities on. We did the trial, but apparently its TAFE policy now to not give us our marks, so I never found out if I did well or not.

For our 'assessments' we used to do them, give them to the teacher and she would show us what we did wrong, we would change it and then get a 'pass'

Wtf :bomb:

Dilekk

HSC
Can anybody give me some pointers on the extended response for this exam ??

How long should it be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)