stayin away.... (1 Viewer)

SoFTuaRiaL

i think they consider how u went in ur skool assessment marks ... as long as u do ok, u should be fine ...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You might not satisfactorily complete the number of hours required unless you have told the principal you had to go away for a reason, e.g. funeral overseas etc..

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Isn't there that "rule", if you will, that you can only take a maximus of 2 weeks off a year? (minus good reasoned leave)

Maybe that's just me ...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I hate people who rock up to school like one day a week then actually go well. Aren't they risking the HSC anyway?

SoFTuaRiaL

if ure doing well, can they actually stop u from writing the hsc? i mean, if ure a potential dux or state topper ... the school wants u to do the hsc ...

~Dreamer

HSC
i dont know about your school, but in my school in order to sit the hsc and recieve a certificate u need to have 85% attendance...of the wole year

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
hmm..you have to be present for a certain no. of hours/days to complete your hsc, or you wouldnt be completing the amount of time to do the work and wouldnt be getting ur HSC or youll get unsatisfactory....thats what Ive heard.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I thought the maximum amount of days you could have off was 40. (which is a damn lot of days, if you ask me! But my friend in year 10 had more than that amount off...). But I dunno, maybe it is different in year 11 and 12 than was is in year 10. But I'd say the school would have already been on your back if the amount of days you've had off was a problem.
If it is a problem, then the only excuse they will accept is a long term problem, like if you had glandular fever or something.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
yeah i thought if you hadn't completed the hours you needed, that was like, questioned or something rather. I wouldn't risk it anyhow.

Dubya

failing physics
HSC
this girl i know has chronic fatigue so shes been on and off skool since march. despite this she still has achieved top in 4 of her sublects and is a major contedner for dux. she's had way less than 70% attendance so i think thats a pretty champion effort

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by babyslug
yeah i thought if you hadn't completed the hours you needed, that was like, questioned or something rather.
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
I thought the maximum amount of days you could have off was 40.
Originally posted by christ_ine
Isn't there that "rule", if you will, that you can only take a maximus of 2 weeks off a year? (minus good reasoned leave)
With the old HSC there was a number of maximum days set by the BOS. However, it is now at the school's discretion as to what they see as satisfactory attendance and a diligent effort. So no, its up to your school, and they'd have told you by now.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The new guidelines only state "satisfactory attendance" which means your school decides what is too little. Most schools stick to 85% of total school days.

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
I knew a girl who a couple of years ago completed her hsc with exactly 90 days off (she showed me her report) and that's way more than the max of 40...

Benno

HSC
hehe on my report it said i had 11 day absent, i was like wtf ive had at least 25!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)