staying awake (1 Viewer)

xx__savannah

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
haha are you sure you dont have the same re teacher as me ? o_o lol. at the moment were doing ethics and morals which is soo confusing.

I don't even know what we're meant to be doing in RE. The one talking about conscription and issues, lol. She's a good teacher, she'll give you her address or phone number if we need help and need to talk to someone about stress (fitting, because she puts us all under so much), but she's a bit scatterbrained...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
I don't even know what we're meant to be doing in RE. The one talking about conscription and issues, lol. She's a good teacher, she'll give you her address or phone number if we need help and need to talk to someone about stress (fitting, because she puts us all under so much), but she's a bit scatterbrained...
theres the key word "GOOD TEACHER" our one is not = = ; but she's getting better i guess ! a LARGE majority of our class dropped out of the class because of her lol.

xx__savannah

HSC
I think she's a good teacher, she certainly has her favourites and treats them best. I used to be one of them (accused me of plagiarism in year 7 because my narrative was 'better than she could do',she kept most of my Prelim essays, and always reminds me I'd do fantastic in the QLD schooling system). I hope she's a good Eng teacher at least, she's a senior HSC marker...

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Riviet said:
I think M.D's suggestion of excercising is a good idea to tire the body, making you tired at the end of the day. Attend your training sessions, and weekend games to keep your lifestyle more active. You like sleep don't you? But I guess that's what you did in the holidays, I know it's different now with school and and school work happening now. You should get some sleep mate, aim for before midnight if you can. ;)
mate, i went to bed at 11:30 and got up at 8am. even then at 8am i was still feeling drowsy and sleepy. i suppose i should sleep earlier.

also, a nice tip for those who cant get to sleep once they get in bed - either have ur shower earlier in the nighttime, or have a glass of warm milk before you climb into bed. a change of clothes into pyjamas would be helpful as well ;)

im pretty sure theres plenty of advice online about how to get a good night's rest.

try these sites:

http://www.mercola.com/article/sleep.htm

http://sheknows.com/about/look/5672.htm

http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=15955

and theres plenty more advice, tips, organisations, remedies, medicines and bed products out there!

zoci2288

HSC
take NO-Doz tablets trust me pop 4 of them at the same time and u'll be running around ur school 50 times over...lol im not messing with you either if caffine doesnt work this stuff is better..u can buy them at ur local pharmacy and they are over the counter..

Always

HSC
V and caffeine pills. Just don't take too many or you might die.

chronical176

Suicidal companion
HSC
i know that hsc is "a bit" stressing, but i dont see why people cant just go to sleep earlier, when studying for my hsc, i never went past 12am, i just dont feel the need to go over things thats already in ur head. i mean sometimes the more i read, i tend to forget other things, or maybe thats just me

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Yeah, I'm bloody tired. I had a legal test today but only got 2.5 hours sleep last night. And I know that it doesn't seem like much, but I'm usually used to little sleep. But today the stress of the exam got to me and I almost fell asleep when I was writing my essay. I actually had a micro sleep and wrote that "The Stockholm Declaration 1972 was the first piece of international environmental...chocolate..." I was like wtf? I was so confused after that.

passion89

HSC
Just before the half yearly exams this year, my friend thought he couldn't stay awake during the exams and so he drank a million cups of coffee and took A LOT of those trucker's caffeine pills. Well half way during the exams, he was taken to the hospital via an ambulance because he had an axiety attack. Yah...stupid person that one.

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
This mightn't be the healthiest idea, but...
I pretty much survive on Red Bull. At any one time, there are two to four cans in my fridge.
You wait till you at that point of near unconsciousness, and then you drink a can of the stuff and it's...it's sorta like you get electrocuted. In a good way.

Worked wonders at a particularly boring History seminar once. I fell alseep and snored through the first half. Then, during the break, I had a Red Bull...and in the second half I wrote five pages of notes.

I've heard if you drink too many it causes heart problems though. Best not to have as many as I do.
Heh...

sinist4

HSC
... i can never sleep at the usual time i use to sleep, about 10-11, now i lie there awake, all nite untill like 1-2 :(
like before the bio trial, i tried sleeping @ 10 couldnt sleep till about 1, i was stuffed that morning, as usual ...
oh well wat can ya do :)

JWiss

a.k.a Mr Awesome
HSC
It's funny how when you're little you want to stay up later, and now you want to be able to go to bed earlier to get a decent night's sleep. If I could only have appreciated the 10+ hours sleep I used to get as a kid when I was a kid...

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
last night i couldnt get to sleep... no matter how hard i tried.... gah i was soo pissed off!!

MILO + COFFEE + 3 parts BOILING WATER + 1 part MILK = DEATH! :mad1:

HSC
yeah i do that too and i have a cup of honeyyy with water..

me strangely i wake up at 4am everyday... my firends think i have some problem ..

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
JWiss said:
It's funny how when you're little you want to stay up later, and now you want to be able to go to bed earlier to get a decent night's sleep. If I could only have appreciated the 10+ hours sleep I used to get as a kid when I was a kid...
At least you guys actually fall asleep when you want to, right? For some reason I feel really tired in afternoons, but when night comes, I'm wide awake. @.@ I might have that thing called insomnia, or something. It's not even like I'm stressing about anything :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)