Staying on top of content throughout the school year (1 Viewer)

aqwerty13402

HSC
The question is basically the title. I do well enough in my internals usually. But that's because we are always tested on a single module / topic / chapter(s) for each exam. How do you stay on top of content enough so that you aren't struggling come trials and HSC?

katiekms

HSC
The question is basically the title. I do well enough in my internals usually. But that's because we are always tested on a single module / topic / chapter(s) for each exam. How do you stay on top of content enough so that you aren't struggling come trials and HSC?
replying bc i need the answer as well :oldconfused:

elliott07

HSC
replying bc i need the answer as well :oldconfused:
me too! where is jimmy :(

spiderfan44

HSC
i take notes for geography and food tech in class. i take ees notes at home. i dont take notes for design and tech and plan to just skim the syllabus for notes bcuz its a kinda common sense subject for theory

liamkk112

HSC
i was always lookign at the syllabus and making sure i remembered stuff about every dot point in there. also doing past papers consistently helps with remember things across multiple modules. even if you've only learnt say mod 5 and mod 6 and you know your next assessment is on mod 7, whenever you're studying in the downtime between assessments, do questions from mod 5 and mod 6, and then closer to assessment time narrow in on mod 7 stuff. that makes sure stuff is mostly fresh in your brain and helps from completly forgetting a topic, then come hsc/trials you don't have to cram all of your study time into those 1-3 or 1-2 modules that you haven't been consistently studying. constantly flicking back through notes can also help, it is a more "passive" way to remember things but if you look over your notes once a day for 30 minutes for 3 months it does soak in eventually, and helps you at least keep familiar with concepts/information that you need to know.

elliott07

HSC
i was always lookign at the syllabus and making sure i remembered stuff about every dot point in there. also doing past papers consistently helps with remember things across multiple modules. even if you've only learnt say mod 5 and mod 6 and you know your next assessment is on mod 7, whenever you're studying in the downtime between assessments, do questions from mod 5 and mod 6, and then closer to assessment time narrow in on mod 7 stuff. that makes sure stuff is mostly fresh in your brain and helps from completly forgetting a topic, then come hsc/trials you don't have to cram all of your study time into those 1-3 or 1-2 modules that you haven't been consistently studying. constantly flicking back through notes can also help, it is a more "passive" way to remember things but if you look over your notes once a day for 30 minutes for 3 months it does soak in eventually, and helps you at least keep familiar with concepts/information that you need to know.
this is very insightful thank u sm

spiderfan44

HSC
yea when i take notes printing out the syallbus and crossing off dotpoints as i take notes to make sure ive covered the dotpoints helpes

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Do trial papers + past hscs early

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)