Stereotypes of students from different faculties (1 Viewer)

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Firstly; this was not meant to offend anyone, and obviously, stereotypes and generalisations are never accurate... this was written only for the purpose of procrastination and amusement...and these stereotypes does not preclude amiable exceptions

Anyone else have any stereotypes of students? :wave:

Mine =
Accounting = dull, dry, taciturn, smiling hurts their face, beware the ability of a group of these students' ability to drain you of any energy and optimism
Commerce - Marketing/HR = friendly and would basically even talk to a dead horse, participates in a wide range of clubs and any business-related organisation/newsletter/competition you can imagine in the hopes of padding out their resumes
Arts = talkative, interesting and sometimes random, easy to strike up a conversation with but beware the sensitive opinions, if you hold a counter argument in something they passionately believe in - prepare to be crucified
Science = it is very rare to bump into one, but the ones I've met so far tended to be quiet and withdrawn and clearly, on the ball with their assessments
Law = generally; popular, party-goers, articulate and eager to express their views (other extremes include; bookworm types or the classic "I come from a long line of honorable justices and barristers....I am fantastic... I know more than you therefore bow before me...")

mserica

HSC
hahahaha.. Im in HR and completely agree with your stereotypes!

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
dunno about diff topics, but

arts = white
economics/finance = asian
sciences = white/asian

SIBT = holy fucking shit. I walked in once, by accident, first thing i saw was bunch of asians squating and eating migoreng.

media degrees = female / white

Atlas

HSC
N/A
economics/finance = asian
The one non-Asian friend I have in accounting said his best friend was the one other white person he could find in accounting... sad but true...

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Actuarial - Me no speak English.
Chiro - Bodybuilders
IT/Computing: Hardcore Nerds, very few girls
Marketing: Normal People
Arts: Left-wing hippie nutcases.and people out of touch of commercial world / reality. Out of all the groups, these people are the ones I least get along with.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
these stereotypes are 100% correct.

im commerce-marketing and thats a good description of me.

i hate accounting/app fin people who feel their superior, but in the end they're socially retarded so i win.

Monstar

HSC
Speaking of padding for the resume.. where do i find these competitions i can enter in?

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
ROFL
omg lol

yep media is definitely white female

In one of my tutes, there are 24 people, me and someone else are the only guys.

Arts = talkative, interesting and sometimes random, easy to strike up a conversation with but beware the sensitive opinions, if you hold a counter argument in something they passionately believe in - prepare to be crucified
didnt read that before, thats pretty true, very true.

rachomini

HSC
"Arts = talkative, interesting and sometimes random, easy to strike up a conversation with but beware the sensitive opinions, if you hold a counter argument in something they passionately believe in - prepare to be crucified"

I do BCA but not white...but the whole "prepare to be crucified" its rather true...we even have arguements with each other!

Atlas

HSC
N/A
In one of my tutes, there are 24 people, me and someone else are the only guys.
Do you feel like you are a like a little boy in a candy store? :haha:

Speaking of padding for the resume.. where do i find these competitions i can enter in?
Mq doesn't actually advertise that many competitions, but a good start would be joining the ECFS society, and doing some searching online, look here Student Groups List for more business/economics-related societies and other things you can get involved in to look good in your resume

Odyssey2001

HSC
Science = it is very rare to bump into one, but the ones I've met so far tended to be quiet and withdrawn and clearly, on the ball with their assessments
That describes me pretty well as well as some of my science friends (except the being on the ball with assesments, I NEVER am lol)

*hopeful*

HSC
what if your a double degree/major ?

im accounting and HR :confused:

Atlas

HSC
N/A
what if your a double degree/major ?

im accounting and HR :confused:
You will display behaviour that is usually associated with schizophrenia :spzz:

You should go to consult a medical professional...Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde....

Sarcasm aside, accounting and HR - talk about opposites; accg= :mad1: "smiling hurts my face and I do not speak with other human beings because I am made of stone..." and HR = :music:+:headbang:+:party:+:ninja:"I talk to everyone and I'm in every imaginable business-related club and look at my 500 page resume that trumps yours..."

Out of curiosity; what are you like... I just can't imagine accg+HR...:confused:

mserica

HSC
accounting and HR.... now thats an odd mix, what is it exactly you hope to do once you graduate???

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Hire accounting students duh! :p
LOL :haha: - but is it true that accounting students are "hot stuff" on the market and "recession-proof" - it just seems as if either a great deal of them are self-deluded or they really are awesome and no company can get enough of them...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)