Still haven't decided on subject for yr 12!!! (1 Viewer)

wisequaker87

HSC
Still haven't decided on subjects for yr 12!!!

Ok - I have three choices as far as i can see here:-

Choice 1

English Adv
English Ext1
English Ext 2
Maths 2u
Maths Ext1
Music 1
Entertainment

11 units

Choice 2

English Adv
English Ext1
English Ext 2
Maths 2u
Chemistry
Music1
Entertainment

12 units

Choice 3

English Adv
Eng ext1
Eng ext 2
General maths
Music 1
Entertainment
Senior Science

12 units

I actually have 15 units at the moment - 4u english, 3 u maths, chemistry, senior science, music and entertainment,,, but that's way too much !!! it wil flatten me soon... Is there abtter combo u can see... or what one do you think i should do?

Ps. the reason there is 3u - 2u and general maths is coz im doing 3u but not doing very well and as i started this yr in general and moved up ive done a bit of all courses so could choose any really...

thanks, X

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Try giving each of your subjects a "rating" based on how well you did in assessments, and how much you enjoy them. Eliminate the one you believe you will either:
a) Not do as well in (compared with the others)
b) Not enjoy as much as the others

I see you're juggling 2U, 3U and General Maths, and Ext 2 English seems to be in every list. So it looks like you're going to do Ext 2 English. As for maths, how are you currently going in Ext 1? I wouldn't recommend dropping to General, as it would jeopardise university opportunities.

As for the rest, do as above giving each subject a "rating" and then deciding from that.

wisequaker87

HSC
Thanks for that :) the problem i'm swaying so much with maths is because I know i didnt put as much effort in this year as I should have - my final mark for 3u maths was exactly 50% so I only just passed... I know if I put the effort in I can do much better, and I do enjoy it which is a bonus - I just dunno if i have the time... as for the other subjects it doesnt really phase me what I do - I just love em all! Maybe I will just choose the ones which I scored highest in.
Thanks for your help...
ciao ciao

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
the uai is calculated my the head of the mathematics department at syd uni,
basically maths at a high level is a good thing to have if u want a good uai :)
so if i were u, i'd keep the 3u level maths

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
wisequaker87 said:
Thanks for that :) the problem i'm swaying so much with maths is because I know i didnt put as much effort in this year as I should have - my final mark for 3u maths was exactly 50% so I only just passed... I know if I put the effort in I can do much better, and I do enjoy it which is a bonus - I just dunno if i have the time... as for the other subjects it doesnt really phase me what I do - I just love em all! Maybe I will just choose the ones which I scored highest in.
Thanks for your help...
ciao ciao
Each school has unique exams, some harder and some easier than other schools. 50% may not sound all that "appealing", but your school may set difficult exams.

My advice: give HSC Ext 1 a go. I found Year 12 Ext 1 to be easier than Year 11 - so you might feel the same way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)