Stimulus booket- English (1 Viewer)

sweetiee94

Im having trouble with the interpretation of text 7. does anyone have any information on what the hell it's geting at? im doing inner journeys

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Don't worry about it. You can just focus on one of them for all the examiners care. That's all you need so rather than learning them all, stick to one.

sweetiee94

They can specify on what text you need to talk about in your exam, i already know one, but thats the only one i dont understand at all, thanks anyway

superbird

HSC
they can specify a text BUT its highly unlikely and has never been done before in the HSC exam.

sweetiee94

Yeh i know, but it's possible, im not willing to risk it, plus certain questions are often easier answered by certain texts. They specified on a poem one year.

andrewgayed

hey send me an email at andrewgayed@copticmail.com and ill give u all da info on any text. my teacher gave me full explanations of each text
sweetiee94 said:
Im having trouble with the interpretation of text 7. does anyone have any information on what the hell it's geting at? im doing inner journeys

malkin86

HSC
Geok-Lim values the spiritual or emotional journeys more than the journeys which are for 'base purposes' - vacations and trade. TJ should be a pilgrimage she shows this by using spiritual and emotive language as well as a high register (level of language) most notably the Latin term "genii loci"

tennille

HSC
It is highly unlikely they'll specify a text because everyone is doing a different type of journey. It's too risky to specify one because if someone is doing a physical journey, and they specify an inner journey, then that would be unfair. Usually they say "one text from the stimulus booklet".

Alex_H86

CEO of BoS...
HSC
Geok-Lin LIm is talking about the psychological reasons why people go on physical journeys.She is saying that people wish to find a place that effects them spiritually....'people wish to be moved rather than to move." In other words people go on a journey to find a place that will change them or their out look on life....."...search for genii loci...". That is the underlying subconcious reason, not just to move location.That's how I interprit it. It's just wordy is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)