• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

stockings (1 Viewer)

~eZZa~

HSC
What is everones opinon on wearing either plain or pattened stockings this winter? I just bought some hot boots but am sick of wearing skinny legs tucked in, so what does everyone think of wearing either shorts or a shortish skirt with stockings?

Always

HSC
Tights are great - just not with denim minis.

~eZZa~

HSC
yeah, im not too keen on denim minis- a bit too supre 4 me.

~eZZa~

HSC
haha... lol obviously not XMAS stockings, u know the ones u wear on ur legs! lol

silence...

I'm voting for Dukakis.
HSC
Some people can pull them off, and some people can't. Black opaque stockings should not be worn with really short skirts because they make your figure look oddly shaped, and patterned stockings can only be worn with plain (non-denim) skirts. As for shorts with stockings, personally I don't think it looks good on most people.

I guess you'll just have to play around and see what suits your body-type and style.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i am in favour of stockings on absolutely every possible occasion.

i recently bought 10 pairs of patterned stockings at the myer sale and have been working my way through them one at a time.

my fave are a pair of black opaques with blue hearts on them.
i have tiger print ones that i am a little afraid of, but am working on the perfect accompanying outfit.
the fire engine red ones i thought were cool ended up looking quite strange in photos, but...live and learn.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
stockings = <3 :D i think its just a matter of getting colour combinations right. black stockings will go with anything imo, but just not with anything too short...bold coloured stockings like blue, purple, red, green go really well with black skirts and dresses as well.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
ooh stockings! i have hot hot dark blue heeled boots and a cruise coming up...

any ideas for accompanying outfits involving stockings? it's semi formal so i dont think skinnies would work.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
stockings I still equate with my old school uniform, so.....no. no stockings for me.

arrested development
HSC
I LOVE STOCKINGS!
I would marry them if they were a person.

Gosh, I just have such an obsession with them. They're my staple item this winter along with boots and minidresses. LOVE LOVE LOVE. :uhhuh:

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
God, I wear stockings CONSTANTLY. I have new boots and they just look perfect with stockings. Oh, yes.
I have an insane array of stockings, polkadots, crazy prints, bright green, hot pink, bright red, oddly patterned, striped... mmmm, stockings. Yeah, I guess I'm a fan.

~eZZa~

HSC
oh wow, i was just thinkin of boring blackish stockings but i didnt realise how many types were out there. i will definately be investing in some now.

arrested development
HSC
glitter burns said:
God, I wear stockings CONSTANTLY. I have new boots and they just look perfect with stockings. Oh, yes.
I have an insane array of stockings, polkadots, crazy prints, bright green, hot pink, bright red, oddly patterned, striped... mmmm, stockings. Yeah, I guess I'm a fan.
We're probably twins, you know. I literally wear stockings 24/7 (except in the shower). They make me feel really skinny. ha! :eek:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
stockings!! <3

dammit i completely forgot to go to the socks section during the myer sale the other week :( i need a new pair of those voodoo "disco" ones, my current ones have runs everywhere now!

thirsty

HSC
I'm thinking of tryin black stockings under black shorts for the club this weekend, i reckon it'll either look really cool or really shit so we'll see how we go. i love the look i just dont know if i can pull it off thats all.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Lundy said:
haha you went to mscw too eh?
lol yeh. i have been permanently scarred by stockings.

my boss' daughter came into work on saturday and she had on a dress with stockings and boots. I admit, she looked good, but I don't see the point. I don't think many people can pull it off. Plus, stockings don't keep you THAT warm.

but hey, that's just my opinion. if you like it, go for it!

synthesized

HSC
N/A
white knee high stockings with a skirt makes us male counterpart of your species very happy to be alive. but i guess if the point is to keep warm well......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)