Stolen Student Card / Lost Books (1 Viewer)

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Last semester I lost my student card, then a few weeks ago I got a call saying that a girl had found some brand new textbooks with my student number on the receipt. The only dilemma is that I haven't lost any textbooks.

Why would someone else want to buy textbooks using my student card?

And how can they do that? Doesn't the Co-op check your member card against your student ID?

And on a side note, is it a bitch to get a new student card issued? And where can I check if my old one has been found/returned?

Sorry for all the stupid questions, I really am apathetic when it comes to being involved in the whole 'uni thing'.

HSC
Luke! said:
Last semester I lost my student card, then a few weeks ago I got a call saying that a girl had found some brand new textbooks with my student number on the receipt. The only dilemma is that I haven't lost any textbooks.

And how can they do that? Doesn't the Co-op check your member card against your student ID?

And on a side note, is it a bitch to get a new student card issued? And where can I check if my old one has been found/returned?

Sorry for all the stupid questions, I really am apathetic when it comes to being involved in the whole 'uni thing'.
i have no idea how things work at your uni, but i know that at my uni if you get a new card the old one will be rendered useless.

X

xeuyrawp

Luke! said:

a) You should have reported your card as lost. :p
b) No it's not a big hassle. Ring up SES for the info - you basically have to get a form filled out, paid for, stamped, and then taken to C5C where they'll issue your card. I think it costs somewhere around $20.
c) The Co-op's pretty lazy.
d) Keep the books.

That being said, how did a student get your phone number from either your student number or your Co-op receipt?

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
PwarYuex said:
a) You should have reported your card as lost. :p
b) No it's not a big hassle. Ring up SES for the info - you basically have to get a form filled out, paid for, stamped, and then taken to C5C where they'll issue your card. I think it costs somewhere around $20.
c) The Co-op's pretty lazy.
d) Keep the books.

That being said, how did a student get your phone number from either your student number or your Co-op receipt?
Thanks for the advice.

I was actually contacted by someone from Macquarie who then relayed me the girl's number.

X

xeuyrawp

Luke! said:
Thanks for the advice.

I was actually contacted by someone from Macquarie who then relayed me the girl's number.
Ah, okay.

Seemed a little weird... Was worried my phone number was on all the Co-op receipts I threw away =/

HSC
N/A
Agree with Rob - co-op's lazy! They only ever ask for my co-op card.

* Both the SAM Spot and the Security Centre act as lost property on campus, I'd give both of them a call and see if they've picked up a card.

* To get a new student card you need to fill out a form - you may be able to get it from SES, otherwise you can definately get it from Student Central C5C 244. Then take it and pay up at SES (it's $10 or $20, can't remember) - take the receipt back up to Student Central, then they'll make you a new card on the spot. It's a bit of walking around (which is stupid) but not too bad.

Monstar

HSC
Yeah i lost my student card as well... need to get a new one : /

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Monstar, go to the borrowing desk in the library and check if anyone has handed it in.

I went to replace mine today, but it turned out some upstanding citizen had found and returned it.

Thank you, whoever you are, you saved me $10. That's like an extra 5 minutes of short-time at my local Asian massage parlour, which means I'll have plenty of time for happy-ending.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Interesting fact: I have yet to borrow a book from the MQ library.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Same; I have yet to really use any of the university facilities/resources on offer, and I've been going there for three years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)