• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

stop impulse spending (2 Viewers)

monique66

if you go into a shop and it has music your more likely to buy something. Try going in, picking up something you like, leaving it there and then coming back later (say after lunch) if in the mean time u decide its a good buy. Most of the time, you'll end up leaving it there :p

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
if im at the shop and im having tropuble deciding to get something
usually its on sale and im like..oh should i get it i dunno

i just put it down..and say i will come back later
if its still there its meant to be
if not too bad
usually iforget to come back
but ive comeback and found it a few times..and not found it..etc

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if it's on sale and i have been semi-thinking about it i usually buy it because otherwise i will decide i want it at a later time.

as for saving money, put some of your money away into another account and forget the account is there

for impulse spending, keep away from the shops. if you see something you like but don't need, keep walking, you'll forget about it

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
I'm the worst impulse buyer! Today I was looking at DVD's n then I saw one of those exercise trampolines on sale so I bought it + a DVD. Now I'm like what the hell was I thinking? :eek:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Move away from home, then you won't have much disposible income. You won't save any money either though lol.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Fuk ur moneys goin quick. First ask yourself 'do i really need this?", "is it 2 expensive for what it is?" "will it come on sale?" "can i save this money and buy something ill like more?"

Just coz u got alot of money doesn't mean u have 2 spend it all hiphop. Before u know it will be all gone, coz try 2 consolidate ur money rather than just blowing it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You sound like a freaking idiot. Boo hoo, you throw your money away on yourself and you can't stop. You make me sick.
On a brighter note, sales are fine. Economies of scale etc.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's pathetic.
If you saw someone on the street dying of starvation, and you had just bought some food for yourself which you don't really need, the natural reaction would be to give your food to the starving person.
But that's exactly what is happening today. Distance, or the fact that you can't see the horrors unjustly imposed upon 'other' people, should be no excuse for your blatant, selfish materialism.
I wouldn't care normally, but the fact that this is posted...How do you sleep at night?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Make a second bank account that you can't access with your card and put the money in there except for what you want to spend.

It's not that hard.

HSC
Iron woman said:
It's pathetic.
If you saw someone on the street dying of starvation, and you had just bought some food for yourself which you don't really need, the natural reaction would be to give your food to the starving person.
But that's exactly what is happening today. Distance, or the fact that you can't see the horrors unjustly imposed upon 'other' people, should be no excuse for your blatant, selfish materialism.
I wouldn't care normally, but the fact that this is posted...How do you sleep at night?

your wierd....

how is it selfish? give me a good explanation, please.

with your first sentence though, i do that, if i don't finish the food and theres someone starvin, i give them it.

but yeah could you please explain to me why you think im selfish?

how old are you too

HSC
Iron woman said:
It's pathetic.
Interesting, but it's flawed.

You can eat until you're full.
But you can never have too many pairs of shoes.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Iron woman said:
It's pathetic.
And you're pathetic for taking this so personally

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
hip hop, why are you suddenly spending all this money? it'll run out in no time

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
There's a very simple concept i now live by, PAY YOURSELF FIRST i'm serious if you pay yourself first by allocating a certain amount of money you earn each week into a savings account for example ING or Dragon Direct, don't allow yourself to transfer money each week you;ll be gradually building up your savings, i'm feeling great seeing my money build up :) this is a great way with the remaining money you can do whatever you want, because you paid yourself already! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)