stories and novels in second person.. (1 Viewer)

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
does anyone know of any ? i need to read more... i'm including a section written in second person.. and the only book i've read in second person is bride stripped bare.. and i've already read it like 5 times ._." ( oo dirtyness ). ..

thanks ! :D

HSC
N/A
You know, when I think of anything written in second-person narration I think of all those "choose your own adventure novels" and self-help books... does that help? :S

Writing an entire story in second person narration sounds challenging...

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
Tim Winton's new short story book (The Turning) has one short story written in 2nd person... it could even be two, I can't remember, but there's at least one good, EFFECTIVE one :). Other than that, like glitterfairy I always think of choose your own adventure books!

J

jhakka

Choose your own adventure stories and at least one of the stories in the 2003 Showcase.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
woot thanks ! i just wrote the opening of my story completely in second person ! but it doesn't have enough impact me thinks. xD~

* goes to look for that short story book *

J

jhakka

On a similar note, my friend did a Choose Your Own Adventure story for Ext 2 and got 48/50. It was written in the second person and was very well done.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
wow. ahah. i originally planned (in my proposal) to write completely in second person..

but now i've included a mix.. but i've made it sorta seem likes it's still second person.. sounds kinda weird xD~

i just thought that writing one completely in second person would be really original and challenging.. + i liked the bride stripped bare ( as literature.. and ... ,.... :rolleyes: )

picaresque

HSC
Half of mine was composed in second person. Well, admittedly, although I did a short story, the half in 2nd person was actually narrative verse. Still...
[50/50]
I've flicked through the Bride Stripped Bare and thought it was horrendous. But maybe that's where I got my idea to use 2nd person as well...since I can't recall reading anything else in that POV.

freakcore

HSC
Try "The treatment and the cure" by Peter Kocan. It is certainly very effective.
Some will say its disturbing and gratuitously violent and confronting yet it works and you dont forget it straight away.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
what was horrendous ? i jsut foudn that bit about pregnant sex abit disturbing ( lol ) .____<"
( i now know what women think o_O" .. very disturbed women _)
thanks freakcore. ! i'm gona go look around for them tmrw morning :D

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
just bought the turning ! costed $30. >_< ( oh my precious money. . )
shame bookshops didn't have the treatment.. and it takes ages to order :( ( i think.. lol )

S

Sheehan :)

goosebumps choose from over 20 endings............their pretty lame though

Marmalade

HSC
I am including a section of second person, future tense in my story. I found an Australian short story that is written entirely in second person - "Husband Of My Heart," by Judith Lukin. Hope it helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)