Strange Computer Noises :( (1 Viewer)

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone,

Lately I hav been having strange noises from my PC. This noises are really irrating and it feels like its gonna explode, and I hav no idea wot to do :'(. Its like a "grrriing" noise, sometimes reving up and down. I took a look at my tempertures and found (using speedfan):

Ambient: 34C (OK, TICK)
Remote 1: 52C (FIRE, RED)
Remote 2: 32C (OK, TICK)
HD0: 38C (OK, TICK)

So I went deeper into "remote 1" and saw: SMSC H/M Block (chip), Remote 1 (Sensor), Sample 52C. I was like WTF!? So I turned on my a/c and got a fan right next to it and increased the fan speed to a 65% average (in the comp). Even though "remote 1" decreased down to 47C (TICK, OK) it still made that bloody noise!

Looked in HP support, hmmm, nm there...pfft LOL. My friend on msn told me its heat and he has the same prob (dun no about that tho :p). However, in anger I stomped my foot hard to the floor and the noise ACTUALLY DIED DOWN :eek: (only for a second tho, lmao). This thing is gone out of propropration, wtf is this?

And if you need the actual noise I tubed at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQwYpMsrzo4

Can some1 plls help, i desperately need it. Cheers!

Thanks a trillion^trillion! lol

AppleXY :)

(oh yea, btw, something catched my eye in speedfan it's: "SuperIO Chip=LPC47m192 (PLEASE REPORT)"

Collin

HSC
N/A
Woah, that sounds pretty bad. Have you tried cleaning your fans of dust? It could be one of your case fans, or even worse, the GFX or CPU heatsink fan.

VirtualCircuit

HSC
Sounds like either one of the blades has broken off a fan making it unbalanced and spin noisily, or the bearings inside one of the fans have gone. Though to me it sounds exactly like what a fan makes when a blade breaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)