Strange items in people's common rooms? (1 Viewer)

Juliet

HSC
Originally posted by BaByDoLL11^^
Sad to say but I don't think we have a common room.
We don't have a common room either! The small thing the Yr 12's had last year was taken away from us...:mad1:

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
We didn't get a common room.:mad1:
We tried to get one, but the stoopid board of education said that we weren't allowed one...if we used a room for a common room, they would come and take a classroom away. We tried writing to all those crappy home renovation shows and stuff to see if they could help us out, but they all declined. (Personally, I think would have made a great show, but pfft-if they can't see an opportunity when it arises...:p)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
why don't you have a fundraiser? I know its kinda late now, only two terms and stuff but hey?

chip

HSC
yeh our skool is too cheap to have a common too :mad: ...... the excuse they use is that "year 12 dont clean up there mess as it is...... imagine wat a common room would be like"

aznchickie

Originally posted by Tenille
Common room, Common room, What common room.
My school is to stingy to have a common room.
Wished we had one tho, would give me something next year to look forward to next year.
The only privledge's our seniors get, is been able to use the libary in the first half of lunch without juniors.
lol

lol
Our school is too stingy to have a common room too. they decided it to use it to stack chairs/desks so that this years year 12 gets compenstated with the fact that if we have first period free we can stroll into school at 10:15. pht big deal. while im rambling on about school, the library is CLOSED for half the friggin time, they dont even let the year 12s in to study, and the librarians are getting PAID to close the library and sit in their air conditioned rooms while year 12s are locked outside standing and trying to balance work and textbooks with their laps. and for half the time that they librarians decide to open the library, the juniors are plaguing the "year 12" area because apparently theyre year 12s.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Actually come to it, we "sorta" have a common room.. I guess.. well it's as close as we're gonna get. There's a room for the senior's exclusive use.. but then again that includes year 11 as well, so it's not really for year 12.. and you cant do anything in there except read very quietly, cos people actually study in there...

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
Our grade isn't allowed in our common room anymore. They ended up turning it into some weird room that no one uses....how convenient...

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Originally posted by dudditz
i got biten by mosquitos at school yesterday
hey the other day at school i got bitten by mozzies too! :( and now we have a caterpillar infestation which is really bad cos you cant actually sit down and sit still without caterpillars crawling on you, the floor, the chair, your bag.. rahhh :mad1:

ellipsis

HSC
Hmmm, that sux that so many schools don't have a common room. Its like one of the perks of being in year 12.

The fundraiser was a good suggestion but, thats how ours came about, except it was a year 12 a few years ago that did all the hard work for us :D

pinkbella

Dancing naked in the moonlight (can't handle it? d
I would have been so gutted if we didn't get a common room. Especially in winter when it's freezing cold and there's a nice heated room waiting while the rest of the school sits outside...ahh, that's fun :D

Our common room included a boyfriends wall (which was practically mutilated by the HSC considering all the break ups that ended up occuring that year), lots of perfume ads ripped out of magazines that we had to take down because people kissing was too provocative and a collection of snoopy's from that Maccas happy meal last year.

our common room really wasnt that exciting, but the bf's wall was good for a laugh...

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
We've reported the problem.. apparently. Then there's the people who want to take matters into their own hands by spraying Impulse onto a tree stump where some of the caterpillars live and lighting it up.. then pouring water onto them. If there's a shortage of butterflies this year.. blame my school :p

big_will08

hehe i go to st andrews in the city and omg nobody uses the common room! like we get this huge room but nobody uses it! there are better places to go than the common room in the city (like food courts, maccas, etc)

ppl in eyar 12 last year had a pool table but they kept jigging class and stuff to play! thus they got crappy UAIs

ummm...yeah we dont have a pool table now!

insane_laughter

i am surprised our school has a common room for us. But anyway, we have the usual fridge, microwave, toaster, etc... But none of them work anymore because most of us have a lot of time to break things, microwave light bulbs and cd's and stuff. We also have a couple of rats occupying our common room with us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)