stress in exams (1 Viewer)

xxx

How do you stop panic in the actual exam
I reckon i lose alot of marks becuse i panic when i see a hard question

^___^
HSC
thats y its adviced to start off with questions ur more familiar to build ur confidence and calm u down

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
My stress level peaks when I'm sitting in the exam room with the paper in front of me and the exam about to begin.
Once I begin exam, stress level goes to 0, then gradually builds up again during the exam.
Stress level reaches a new, even higher peak when I'm halfway through question 4 of 4U maths and the supervisor says "15 minutes to go"

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Take some anti stress pills before the exam.

Not those dodgey ones.

The ones you get from health stores that contain Brahmi. (Natural Herb)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I wouldn't risk it...
Just do some simple breathing exercises... pretend ur back in your
room... and keep saying to yourself "I am ready"....
Should help :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
and don't let yourself freak, just know you can do it

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah and when you read the questions, make sure you do read it and not read it and think 'oh my god' at the same time

if u do that, u'll start to panic.

N

ND

Originally posted by Suvat
Stress level reaches a new, even higher peak when I'm halfway through question 4 of 4U maths and the supervisor says "15 minutes to go"
Hahaha, mine is at a max when i can't seem to remember how to do an integral in Q1 (hasn't happened yet, but i can see it happening in the exam).

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Just tell yourself that theres absolutely nothing you can do about it now, so theres no point in freaking out. Also, try to remind yourself exactly how big a difference those 2 or 3 marks will make in the long run anway.
Then, instead of freaking out that you "don't know" the exact answer, try to remember everything you do know about it, and put yourself in the merkers head, and think about the best way to attempt it that they may swing you at least partial credit. Also think back to your classes when you may have learned it, instead of whatyou actually sat down and memorised it...something a teacher said may just come back to you.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I also recommend flying through the questions that you know so that when you hit a dead end,
you don't feel the time constrains when your figuring it out. You'll have the thought at the back of
your mind that you've made enough time to solve/answer the question. Hence, you won't feel the pressure as much :p

And yeh, the typical one is, don't linger on a question you don't know,
that only stresses you out even more :p

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Also, plan how much time approx you will spend on each answer.

In the 2 or 5 mins reading time, note down (in your head) the higher marks questions, use a lot of time for these (not too much so that you don't have anytime for others)

l'd refer to this as 'Time Managment', you manage your time well and you should go OK. Also write down VERY QUICKLY some notes or points relating to the harder looking questions.

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
When i was doing my HSC last year, this bloke sitting next to me was so stressed he had a heart attack.

It could happen to you...

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by Lazy
When i was doing my HSC last year, this bloke sitting next to me was so stressed he had a heart attack.

It could happen to you...
HAhahaHAHAHahaHAHA~!!!
I know I shouldn't laugh, but....
BLahAHAHahahHAHAhaHAHAA!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Edit: sorry... did u find out if he was ok?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
I wouldn't risk it...
Just do some simple breathing exercises... pretend ur back in your
room... and keep saying to yourself "I am ready"....
Should help :)
Are you talking about the whole taking Brahmi pill thing, why wouldent you risk it???

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I don't trust any pill that is over the counter stuff. I like stuff prescribed to me by a doctor..l know this question wasn't directed at me, but l thought l'd answer it anyway :)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by Tenille
Are you talking about the whole taking Brahmi pill thing, why wouldent you risk it???
I heard that the Brami tablets make your heart work faster or something so that you get more oxygen to your brain...
Personally, I don't want to take it if it does that shit, even though it is a herb!

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
I heard that the Brami tablets make your heart work faster or something so that you get more oxygen to your brain...
Personally, I don't want to take it if it does that shit, even though it is a herb!

What about that ginko (sp???) stuff???

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I was kidding kids. Nothing bad will happen to you, i promise...;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)