Stress/ Relaxation tablets advertised??? (1 Viewer)

N1C0L3

HSC
Hey
i was reading Good Health & Medicine magazine coz my mum is subscribed to it and there was an ad which took up an entire page advertising stress/relaxation tablets and it had a picture of a girl in an exam in the ad.
I forget what were called coz i cant find the magazine again but it was specifically targetted at year 12's and their hsc. apparently they help keep you relaxed and focussed.
has anyone here tried them? or know what i am talking about??
they sounded good though because i always have MAJOR 'mind blanks' where i have memorised essays, i get into the exam and 'ZaP'... I dont remember a think and it wastes precious writing time! sometimes up to 10 minutes! These things sound tempting lol

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
It would be better if you could get the name :p

But do you really think that taking these stress relief tablets are actually going to help you remember things? lol maybe, your just not good at memorising?

N1C0L3

HSC
oh no no no i can memorise heaps haha
its just when i am nervous...thats when i forget..so its pretty much the nerves screwin my brain over..they are the problem :-S
ill have the magazine bak 2nite, mum took it 2 work tho to read on train.

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
So you think these will help you relax during exams? Most people get stressed during exam time but lol I wouldn't take them.

samuel slack

HSC
I'm usually pretty calm once I get to an exam... but i worry about it before hand. I guess if you think the tablets will work then take them, might even get a bit of a placebo effect happening. :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
^Ditto.

I may get stressed prior to the exam - depending on how unprepared i am, but once I'm in, I'm in. :)

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
N1C0L3 said:
oh no no no i can memorise heaps haha
its just when i am nervous...thats when i forget..so its pretty much the nerves screwin my brain over..they are the problem :-S
ill have the magazine bak 2nite, mum took it 2 work tho to read on train.

Hey,

Ive heard of similar tablets too and infact one of my teachers has recommended them to me but i too hav forgotten the name of the medication, so could you please reply back the name after your mum brings it back from work 2nite... thnx

Psilo

HSC
try dexamphetamine i hear there great for studying ;o

xxJTxx

HSC
i honestly wouldn't take some form of meds to 'destress'...just sounds like it could have a ball of side affects associated with it..who knows they could end up making you drowsy/tired/restless or something...:)

though they do sound very tempting. but im a pre-exam stresser..once i get in, im in the realm of focus and remaining completely calm..the worst it gets for me is when i see something i have no idea about in an exam, maybe a short answer question/weirder long answer..and my heart rate goes up..and yer.

yosemite sam

HSC
^ probly cos youve been studying too much

i've taken nervaids in the past, theyre herbal tablets you can buy at the chemist that help relieve anxiety. so you dont get so wound up and worried about stuff. they do help.
well they did help me.

Looking Glass

HSC
You could try complexes of Vitamin B before any hardcore meds, maybe that's what they were talking about? I hear it can help with stress. And offcourse, they say Omega 3 benefits cognitive function. Along with sleep, these things could help with memory. It's probably all just a load of clever marketing bullshit, but feeling you are actually doing something about stress could alleviate it slightly.

Edit: Oh, right, similar thread in action; http://community.boredofstudies.org/671/general-discussion-2007-hsc/155417/eggs-fish-oil-water.html

HSC
Exphate said:
It's called:-

- Have a social life
- DOn't study 10 HOURS/day
- Sleep
- Eat well

Disclaimer: Recomendations apply for non-Asian students.

IT's not the be all and end all of life guys.

DRUGS ARE BAD MKAY!
Best advice I've seen on BoS for a while. :uhhuh:

morganforrest

HSC
sif stress...I agree with exphate. Lead a balanced lifestyle, walk into the exam calm with the knowledge that you've done enough study. Drugs and medication are hardly going to help. If you're really stressed, drink some Chai Tea, but really you shouldn't be that bad.

N1C0L3

HSC
the name of it is 'Nervatona FOCUS' and the brand is 'Brauer natural medicine'
its actually a spray it says..u spray it 4 times under ur tongue or it comes in liquid medicine form.
if u wanna read more it has a website www.brauer.com.au
i cant see anything on side effects either.

~untitled~

HSC
I get heaps nerous before exams and stuff, and i shake at the best of times... I used to take something similar to nervatona, the bach rescue remedy stuff, but it didnt work for me. I went to see the doc and she said that those natural medicine type things are so mild that they rarely have a noticeable effect. i got some special script medicine for my music exam, although it really helped with music (and i cant do music exams without taking something). The results were good, but feeling constantly crap and like youre going to pass out isnt all that fun :). so i recon just stick through the way youre going.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol i`d be pretty wary of the side effects though .. dont wanna fall asleep halfway through an exam .. or sprout a major nosebleed or something lol :eek:

~untitled~

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
lol i`d be pretty wary of the side effects though .. dont wanna fall asleep halfway through an exam .. or sprout a major nosebleed or something lol :eek:
I dont think theres really any sideeffects (unless you spray it in your eyes, but if youre dumb enough to do this you shouldnt be sitting for the hsc :p) for the natural nerve sprays, the one i had was made out of flower extracts.

Personally i think theyre a waste of money, they do pretty much nothing to help, and they taste vial.

HSC
They either don't work (or have a placebo effect) and have no side effects.

or

They work but have side effects.

I personally wouldn't take the risk; if you were seriously considering this, you should've tested it with your Trials or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)