• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Stress? (1 Viewer)

slinkysezzy

HSC
youngminii said:
Well, we're teenagers
What more is there to our lives?
Our lives pretty much revolve around completing school at the moment, and the better you do in your exams, the better uni you get into
Which is what the next part of our lives will revolve around

SO the exams are quite important
It's not like we've got anything better to do
Wow I don't think anyone has devalued my life so absolutely in so short a space. Sadly it's completely true. I tried to be one of those people who had a life outside of the HSC, but then I realised that really, with the HSC looming you only have time to do one thing properly...or else you just end up doing lots of things crappily.

Re Stress: Yes. Yes. Don't stress in prelim, but in my experience the only way to deal with stress is crying. EATING DOES NOT WORK!! You will stress more because you will become fat and not have time to exercise it off. I keep telling myself this:eek:

I stress a lot. Almost all the time. During the trials i was a ball of stress. it paid off, I did well. But you can't sustain that sort of stressing. It kills your soul.

So my prelim friend (who started this thread) wait until the trials. Then stress. Any stress you do before then is pointless.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
don't worry me and a friend both had mental breakdowns in maths we had crying fits and everything it happens from time to time. It happens to me cause i stopped going to the gym, so might start going back to the gym soon

josip.teklic

HSC
"wow i dont know wat you do in your free time but there are many things to do that are better than school.....like...this site haha" as opposed to slinky sezzy's comment

2S1D3

HSC
slinkysezzy said:
Wow I don't think anyone has devalued my life so absolutely in so short a space. Sadly it's completely true. I tried to be one of those people who had a life outside of the HSC, but then I realised that really, with the HSC looming you only have time to do one thing properly...or else you just end up doing lots of things crappily.
Yea that's right...I should've organised my time better, but it's a bit late now lol

chltmddus112

HSC
I couldn even sleep b4 my exams =(...

I find it hard to cope with the stress...

lucidassembly

HSC
Norma.Jean said:
Like to be honest I really wonder how many people it does affect "behind closed doors" but agreeing with what littlebigpsycho said when I get stressed as well, i go to the gym and work it all out and then i feel so good afterwards i am able to continue.
It doesn't take long to realise how much stress affects even the most seemingly calm people. There's a lot of people stressing behind closed doors. Just a word of warning, full on breakdowns are usually reserved for before and after the yr12 trials. Seriously... everyone turns into complete wrecks. If you can manage your stress by going to the gym, your a fantastic step ahead of the majority :)

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
youngminii said:
Well, we're teenagers
What more is there to our lives?
Our lives pretty much revolve around completing school at the moment, and the better you do in your exams, the better uni you get into
Which is what the next part of our lives will revolve around

SO the exams are quite important
It's not like we've got anything better to do
Well said, you're 100% correct. Exams are very important in year 12, the HSC is pretty much the gateway to your immediate and long-term future. If you don't treat it seriously you'll end up regretting it.

Linee

HSC
SeftonIsAHole said:
Well said, you're 100% correct. Exams are very important in year 12, the HSC is pretty much the gateway to your immediate and long-term future. If you don't treat it seriously you'll end up regretting it.
+1
I agree.
That is pretty much the reality, unless you are planning to get a crap job in the future.

not.addie

HSC
if you find yourself to get really stressed, try taking a walk. i know thats been said so many times before but seriously it does help. make a playlist in your ipod dedicated to such times- it will make you feel better. might not work for some, but it helped me out through the trials. if i was having a serious panic attack id just go downstairs and relax with my family- they put everything into perspective for me.

yibbon

HSC
N/A
Going for a walk or other exercise is a very good idea, you really do need a balance during HSC that way any free time you spend will be guilt free knowing you have done the work for it. The other thing is not to get sick, that is something to worry about-exercise and eat well. Don’t be afraid to spend a little extra on some of the more healthy foods available.

Linee

HSC
not.addie said:
make a playlist in your ipod dedicated to such times- it will make you feel better.
I tend to lose my concentration after listening to music ...

freaky.styly

HSC
well i get asthma attacks induced by anxiety around yearly exam times. just recently actually, repeatedly short of breath and such as a result of the stress and anxiety. it's what extreme pressure does to me, but nothing a little prescription can't cure heh heh

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
freaky.styly said:
well i get asthma attacks induced by anxiety around yearly exam times. just recently actually, repeatedly short of breath and such as a result of the stress and anxiety. it's what extreme pressure does to me, but nothing a little prescription can't cure heh heh
If you get really really bad exam anxiety you should get a psychologist, mine has made all the difference in the world, and its much better for you then zanax or benzos.

freaky.styly

HSC
-may-cat- said:
If you get really really bad exam anxiety you should get a psychologist, mine has made all the difference in the world, and its much better for you then zanax or benzos.
well yes realistically an alternative to drugs is one worth looking into. though my condition is strange in that it's somewhat subconscious, for example i do not get sweaty palms and i'm not reclusive or unstable. (others would be telling me that if i were, i'm sure) so i'd be hesitant to see a psychologist.
but things like meditation, and distraction from studies like sports are more inclined to halt it.
im sure i'm not alone when it comes to this..

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
freaky.styly said:
well yes realistically an alternative to drugs is one worth looking into. though my condition is strange in that it's somewhat subconscious, for example i do not get sweaty palms and i'm not reclusive or unstable. (others would be telling me that if i were, i'm sure) so i'd be hesitant to see a psychologist.
but things like meditation, and distraction from studies like sports are more inclined to halt it.
im sure i'm not alone when it comes to this..
well if you are meditating etc that is alright, i just got the impression you were relying heavily on medication. Why would you be reluctant to see a psych if u dont get sweaty palms or reclusive etc? Anxiety effects people differently, that does not mean its not there though.

freaky.styly

HSC
-may-cat- said:
Why would you be reluctant to see a psych
well i suppose male invincibility syndrome, as well as the expense.
essentially, as it is temporary and this is only the second time i feel i can deal with it and overcome it.
though when the HSC exams come around, consulting a psychologist may certainly be an avenue i choose to take amidst the most crucial time of my schooling life.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
freaky.styly said:
well i suppose male invincibility syndrome, as well as the expense.
essentially, as it is temporary and this is only the second time i feel i can deal with it and overcome it.
though when the HSC exams come around, consulting a psychologist may certainly be an avenue i choose to take amidst the most crucial time of my schooling life.
lol, what a joke, pride over proper health care. i like my psych :) he tricked/forced me to do my senior years at the end of year 10.

When it comes down to it its you're decision, though if you already know meditation, you should be right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)