Stressed much (1 Viewer)

gentlepotter

HSC
Just wondering if anyones teachers are full on streesing you out. I keep getting talks on 'this year is going to be tough' or 'don't come to us at the end of year and say you can't do it' things like that. It's freakin me out! I had to hand in a english draft for Module B, and my teacher was full on stressing as well. And now its Sunday and I'm dreading school on Monday. Is the HSC going to this intense/tough?

Also does anyone have any great study schedules? If so would you mind sharing?

:speechless:

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Teachers live in a separate world to other people.

Do not take what they say as word.

It's the "scare them before they do something wrong" tactic.

Don't stress...

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
gentlepotter said:
Just wondering if anyones teachers are full on streesing you out. I keep getting talks on 'this year is going to be tough' or 'don't come to us at the end of year and say you can't do it' things like that. It's freakin me out! I had to hand in a english draft for Module B, and my teacher was full on stressing as well. And now its Sunday and I'm dreading school on Monday. Is the HSC going to this intense/tough?

They're trying to scare you. :hammer:

As if they're not going to help you at the end of the year or something. That's just stupid... unless you haven't done work the whole year and email them at 1AM for help...

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
gentlepotter said:

No, they are exaggerating. You can still do assignments / test preparation the night before / morning due and top your subjects.

Just work consistently.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
OH DEAR LORD I HAVE A TEST IN 2 DAYS AND I'M PROCRASTINATING ON BoS
STRESS:cold:

Undomiel

HSC
Yeah go with the flow, do your best and work consistanly, its all you can do i say. They just love scaring people every year, it's a teacher thing.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
i had no idea there were teachers like that =|
our teachers are all ' dont stress we know what were doing by the end of this year youll know your content inside out back to front' going on and on abt how hsc is just a piece of paper and hw if were consistent its just a piece of cake ' and that stuff.

your teachers sound harsh man

they shd knw betr as yr 12 teachers
well if it helps listen to wht my teachers say =)
theyre teachers tooo & our schools pretty good as well so hsc cnt b that bad. ur teachers prolly stress too much =P

dont worry ish like a grain of rice if ur consistent & on top of things:read:

well maybe a bowl of rice

but you know what i mean ;)

DontWorryCuz

HSC
omgd. said:
i had no idea there were teachers like that =|
our teachers are all ' dont stress we know what were doing by the end of this year youll know your content inside out back to front' going on and on abt how hsc is just a piece of paper and hw if were consistent its just a piece of cake ' and that stuff.

your teachers sound harsh man

they shd knw betr as yr 12 teachers
well if it helps listen to wht my teachers say =)
theyre teachers tooo & our schools pretty good as well so hsc cnt b that bad. ur teachers prolly stress too much =P

dont worry ish like a grain of rice if ur consistent & on top of things:read:

well maybe a bowl of rice

but you know what i mean ;)
i wish our teachers were like yours, rather than encouraging us they put us down.. saying that for the next year.. you have no life

HSC
DontWorryCuz said:
I honestly wish it was, because it makes me stress on how the following year is going to be for me. My Modern teacher actually told me that.
I'm sorry, i didn't mean that everyone was lying abou what their teachers were saying. Thats very true, my maths teacher was the worst culprit regarding this kind of thing!

What I meant was, that you will have a life. Don't kid yourself that you will study all day on weekends and after school. It won't happen. And if you try to, it will be to your detriment.

I know that it seems extremely daunting now, but try not to panic too much now. A calm mind can bring nothing but good things!

youngminii

Banned
HSC
babikakez said:
I'm sorry, i didn't mean that everyone was lying abou what their teachers were saying. Thats very true, my maths teacher was the worst culprit regarding this kind of thing!

What I meant was, that you will have a life. Don't kid yourself that you will study all day on weekends and after school. It won't happen. And if you try to, it will be to your detriment.

I know that it seems extremely daunting now, but try not to panic too much now. A calm mind can bring nothing but good things!
I need a calm mind. My mind's going nuts right now

DontWorryCuz

HSC
babikakez said:

yeah ur right.. il take your word on it lol nd il try keep a calm mind.. thanks :)

The Spectre

HSC
There is considerable pressure during the HSC course. Although I can't be one to preach because frankly my teachers are scaring me.

But one important thing is to remember to choose the study method that is best for you. Don't force yourself to hours of hard study every day because this will have a negative impact on your memory.

It's important to have time for yourself to relax and also to study.

During my preliminary course I never studied [often] yet still managed to achieve over 80% in every single exam I'd done. However, I do not advise this to anyone. Study is extremely important (stating the obvious, I know). I believe I achieved those marks because I was not under stress which I must say I am now. The important thing is to figure out a way to keep stress levels neutral.

Anyway I think I've been rambling but I hope I helped!

And just because I'm new - hi- to everyone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)