• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Stressed? (1 Viewer)

Pixydust*

Brain Freeze

oh i dunno if this is very relevent to stress but does anyone else get that sinking feeling on the morning of the exam that you have forgotten EVERYTHING you tried to cram into your head last night?!! i always get it, without fail before every exam (speaks wonders of my study techniques lol). If you do feel the same way sometimes, who do you handle it? It drives me nuts and all i want to do is just sprint out of the exam room lol

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
You handle it by not cramming, and just say to yourself "You know this stuff, don't stress and you'll be fine."

*ashlea*

HSC
Pixydust* said:
oh i dunno if this is very relevent to stress but does anyone else get that sinking feeling on the morning of the exam that you have forgotten EVERYTHING you tried to cram into your head last night?!! i always get it, without fail before every exam (speaks wonders of my study techniques lol). If you do feel the same way sometimes, who do you handle it? It drives me nuts and all i want to do is just sprint out of the exam room lol
yeah i get that.. 2 get rid of it just relax.. calmly look at the questions and just think 4 a few moments.. write down any formulas u need for it.. once you've calmed down you'll realise that u know how to do it, and its really not that hard..

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
*ashlea* said:
yeah i get that.. 2 get rid of it just relax.. calmly look at the questions and just think 4 a few moments.. write down any formulas u need for it.. once you've calmed down you'll realise that u know how to do it, and its really not that hard..
or procratinate
i got a 3u exam tomorrow
o wellz i got 11 units

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
I have a friend who just suffered a Hemoratic Stroke caused by stress and she is a HSC Student ... So stop stressing about the HSC

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Pixydust* said:
I use to get that feeling when I was in yr 12 and so before I went into the exam room I'd go though in my head the things i did know and skim through some of my notes and just start breathing and positive reinforcing myself. Also the night before if I was stressing I would ring a family friend (whos a teacher) and have a good chat to her to get it all out of my system :)

Pixydust*

wow u guys are all so much better at handling stress than me lol yeh now i think about it i think its the self-talk going on in my head that just sort of makes me feel like i'm gonna fail

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Pixydust* said:
wow u guys are all so much better at handling stress than me lol yeh now i think about it i think its the self-talk going on in my head that just sort of makes me feel like i'm gonna fail
I totally agree about the self-talk! :uhhuh:

If I tell myself I'm going to fail or get worried, then I go into the exam and do a total flop and go crap; but if I tel myslef "I know this stuff", take a few deep breaths when I get into the exam room and calm down, then I'm usually HEAPS better! :)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
PiNkPiXiE said:
I totally agree about the self-talk! :uhhuh:

If I tell myself I'm going to fail or get worried, then I go into the exam and do a total flop and go crap; but if I tel myslef "I know this stuff", take a few deep breaths when I get into the exam room and calm down, then I'm usually HEAPS better! :)
Thats usually the way to go about things :) :D:uhhuh:

DjSmiG

HSC
wen im stressed, i go to the fridge, get my home brew have a shot, go do some workout normally a routine of like, 20 push ups 40 situps 10 chinups and 3 sets of 12 10kg per arm lol bah and then if in still stressed

i go to the garage and beat the hoe out of my punching bag, or go to maccas and swear at the homos that hang around and act all hard works for me

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I'm more Nihilist in my stress management. In an attempt to emancipate myself, I've been known to:

- Break my Crash-Dummy car
- Eat someone else's cake, just to get them pissed off
- Pretend I'm Jack White: his voice is just so groooooovy, baby
- Play random guitar chords and accompany myself with groovy, random lyrics. Here's last night's: "Oh, baby what happens when there's a re-re-re-re-trial? Well, well, well, well, well judicial procedure has a'been a failure"
- Crucify my principal...well, the 2d version of him
- Launch fireworks at animals
- Plot juicy revenges on people, objects, emotions, maths formulas, Oasis guitarist and such stuff; and
- Wear...dresses.

But that's unimportant because this is my 100th post! YAY!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i do a little excersise i like to call 'the ruler of life'. You imagine a metre ruler. Every centimetre is a year of your life. Only 12 of those 100 centimetres is your school life. And only one, the 17th or 18th centimetre, is the HSC. that tiny little cm. Now look at the whole ruler. That little cm is very insignificant to the rest of your life. Look how tiny it is!
Looking at the bigger picture helps me realise that this year is just another year. The HSC is NOT the most important thing i will ever have to do.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
i do a little excersise i like to call 'the ruler of life'. You imagine a metre ruler. Every centimetre is a year of your life. Only 12 of those 100 centimetres is your school life. And only one, the 17th or 18th centimetre, is the HSC. that tiny little cm. Now look at the whole ruler. That little cm is very insignificant to the rest of your life. Look how tiny it is!
Looking at the bigger picture helps me realise that this year is just another year. The HSC is NOT the most important thing i will ever have to do.
That's irritating... :p

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
PiNkPiXiE said:
Anyone do Tai Chi
yep

friggin good stuff for u

sounds lame but once u know it properly and how to use it.... its awesome. Just takes a while to do it fully so i dun do it as much ne more. And im def not a calm as a was when i was doing it

so two thumbs up to that :D

s0k0y0e0

HSC
-Swifty- said:
yep

friggin good stuff for u

sounds lame but once u know it properly and how to use it.... its awesome. Just takes a while to do it fully so i dun do it as much ne more. And im def not a calm as a was when i was doing it

so two thumbs up to that :D
Cool, it looks heaps interesting, and it's really facinating to watch...:)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
When stressed i go to the gym :)
Talking of Gyms...I got pulled aside today by a fitness 1st rep and i dunno why but decided i'd let them blab on about a new deal!

Anyway, the lady asked me if I do exercise and I told her I play competition tennis...so she proceeded to tell me what a high measurement of heart rate is and got me to put 2 fingers on these silvers circles on some weird device that supposedly read my heart rate and told me my heart rate was too high, and she went on to tell me that I needed to lower my heart rate and that joining fitness 1st would be really good! :) Yeah bullshit; I SO reckon they tamper with those stupid little silver things!
I KNOW that I don't need to do more exercise and if my heart rate was up, it was because I was running late for school (which my dad thought I was already at) and he drove past me (luckily didn't see me) and I was trying to dodge him! (sorry I blabbed for a bit...). If I was truely going to believe someone about my heart rate, it wouldn't be some rep from a company trying to sell you something, it'd be from a doctor! You know those people with qualifications (mind you SOME doctors I wouldn't believe to tell you the truth!)

Jeese; some of those reps...sometimes really bug me! Get over your bloody memberships, and your fancy equipment; I'll be going for a walk by myself thanks! It's free!

By the way, I DO NOT have a thing against gyms! Not at all; just peeved about Gyms sneaky ways of trying to get people in, so they can make money! But..there's marketing for you! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)