Strictly Ballroom (1 Viewer)

Bevo

Hey anybody doing strictly ballroom for image, im not sure how to write my essay relating to image on any scene, any body got any notes for me to use

Sgt_Johnym

HSC
i'll try and find essay's for u
in the mean time let me say sucktin as ur probably have and will be watching and reading the book a million times :p

Scanorama

HSC
I studied this text last year, man it was the WORST movie i've ever seen.

Anyway, the little excel book of Strictly Ballroom is very helpful. Basically the whole movie revolves 3 main themes, which are:

1. Individuality and freedom versus conformity and authority
Example: A photgraphy of Barry hangs on the wall at the dance studio creating the understanding that Barryis a ruler who demands respect and submission.

2. Passion over restraint/courage over fear
Example: Shirley heavy make-up abd forced smile show how she holds back her true feelings and fears the release of her emtoins - 'True feelings' obviously don't win ballroom dancing competitions.

3. Multiculturalism
Example: The final image of Ya Ya dancing with Les and Rico dancing with Liz is symbolic of the joining of the two wordls, making it more from a society steeped in restrictive customs to a multicultural society that thrives on tradition and yet allows the freedom of passion and individuality to exist.

All examples are quoted from the excel book. Hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)