Structural isomers & Haloalkenes (1 Viewer)

gracie007

HSC
Im having trouble with questions that ask for structural isomers of a chemical. In particular, these questions:

1) The monomer from which Neoprene (Polychloroprene, 2-chloro-1,3-butadiene ....wtf is that?) has several structural isomers. Write the systematic names of four.

2) Work out how many structural isomers 1,1,1-trifluoroethane has. Write down the systematic name and structural formula of any isomers you can think of.

Any help would be much appriciated!

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
1) The monomer from which Neoprene (Polychloroprene, 2-chloro-1,3-butadiene ....wtf is that?) has several structural isomers. Write the systematic names of four.
2-chloro-1,3-butadiene is the monomer and it has the formula C4H5Cl. I'd assume that different isomers could be 1-chloro-2,3-butadiene, 1-chloro-2,4-butadiene, and 2-chloro-1,4-butadiene, though I'm not postive.

2) Work out how many structural isomers 1,1,1-trifluoroethane has. Write down the systematic name and structural formula of any isomers you can think of.
There are two structural isomers - one with three fluorine atoms on one carbon, and one with 2 on one carbon atom and 1 on the other. So it's 1,1,1-trifluoroethane and 1,1,2-trifluoroethane.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)