Structuring environmental essays (1 Viewer)

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
Okay so my teacher is tricky and has made the trial by himself without ordering in cssa/independent ones for the first time, basically because he knows people are clued up and know how to obtain the questions ahead of the exam if he did that this year.

He is really biased towards geography and actually taught us the ugly geography terms to use in an environmental essay, and 7 people in the class actually do geography as well. These kids are going to go a lot better than the non geography people in this essay, which he has hinted will be in the trial, especially because I don't give a fuck about environmental economics or the environment in general.

There isn't a thread on this and it's a pretty big issue this year unfortunately, and I'd be willing to bet there will be HSC questions on it. So, what is there to talk about in these?

Questions like:
Examine the economic issues associated with the goal of ecologically sustainable development.

With reference to a contemporary environmental issue, analyse the economic arguments for and against resource exploitation.

Explain the private and social costs and benefits of environmental management, making reference to at least one Australian environmental issue.

Discuss the policies which Australian governments have used to address the issue of environmental management.

Assess the potential impact on the environment of economic development.

The only one I know of which can be easily applied to these questions is the upcoming carbon trading scheme, what are some others?

Last edited:

munchiecrunchie

HSC
kyoto protocol

the murray darling thingo ( im pretty sure theyre cleaning it up or sumthin)

hybrid cars

montreal protocol (CFCs, ozone layer)

ethanol blended fuels

just know your enviro eco theory well, add in some real examples and you'll be fine.

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
with the kyoto protocol though, it's technically wrong because it hasn't been ratified at all right? just signed?

thanks btw, i was led to believe we should only be talking about government initiatives, didn't know we could talk about the upcoming technologies re: hybrid cars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)