Structuring paragraphs with two related texts (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
When writing an essay, should I write a paragraph each if I was to do two related texts? Or I put both related texts in one paragraph and maybe 1 technique for each text?

buriza

conviction
HSC
It's up to you whether or not you take an integrated approach, but even with an integrated approach you should probably be doing more than 1 technique per text. Generally speaking though if you haven't got the integrated approach down pat it's going to come off a little rusty so stick with your first option if you're better at it.

teridax

HSC
N/A
It's up to you whether or not you take an integrated approach, but even with an integrated approach you should probably be doing more than 1 technique per text. Generally speaking though if you haven't got the integrated approach down pat it's going to come off a little rusty so stick with your first option if you're better at it.
With the integrated approach, do you encourage doing it for Mod A? Because I've been doing the separate approach for my Mod A essays thus far in which I include a comparative link in my 2nd and 4th body paragraphs to show synthesis.

buriza

conviction
HSC
With the integrated approach, do you encourage doing it for Mod A? Because I've been doing the separate approach for my Mod A essays thus far in which I include a comparative link in my 2nd and 4th body paragraphs to show synthesis.
I think I may have done separate for Mod A because for some reason I felt it put things clearer across? Basically it's all relative to be honest. My teachers always emphasised if you could do integrated you probably should because it'll be better but that's only IF you can do it quite good. Otherwise you will still be able to get the same marks by doing separated. I think how I might've gone because my memory's a little off is that I did two separated and then one integrated perhaps (this is with one related text). Eughhh nevermind I think that was like me earlier but I think I've done integrated for pretty much everything.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I think I may have done separate for Mod A because for some reason I felt it put things clearer across? Basically it's all relative to be honest. My teachers always emphasised if you could do integrated you probably should because it'll be better but that's only IF you can do it quite good. Otherwise you will still be able to get the same marks by doing separated. I think how I might've gone because my memory's a little off is that I did two separated and then one integrated perhaps (this is with one related text). Eughhh nevermind I think that was like me earlier but I think I've done integrated for pretty much everything.
If I was to do the first option, how would the structure of my essay look like?

- Intro
- Prescribed text
- Related text 1
- Related text 2
- Prescribed text
- Conclusion

Is this a good structure?

buriza

conviction
HSC
If I was to do the first option, how would the structure of my essay look like?

- Intro
- Prescribed text
- Related text 1
- Related text 2
- Prescribed text
- Conclusion

Is this a good structure?
Maybe this:

- Intro
- Prescribed text
- Related text 1
- Prescribed text
- Related text 2
- Conclusion

Because I don't really know how you'll coherently link the prescribed text to both of the related texts with the order that you have it. Once again it depends how you do it, but how I picture things is that if you talk about the related text 2 before the prescribed text, you would be introducing your new idea in the related text and that seems a little strange given it's meant to be about the prescribed text primarily.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Maybe this:

- Intro
- Prescribed text
- Related text 1
- Prescribed text
- Related text 2
- Conclusion

Because I don't really know how you'll coherently link the prescribed text to both of the related texts with the order that you have it. Once again it depends how you do it, but how I picture things is that if you talk about the related text 2 before the prescribed text, you would be introducing your new idea in the related text and that seems a little strange given it's meant to be about the prescribed text primarily.
The only reason why I'm asking about linking two related texts is because I just think they might ask for two related texts, so if they end up asking for one, do you think I should still mention two related texts or just one?

keepLooking

HSC
The only reason why I'm asking about linking two related texts is because I just think they might ask for two related texts, so if they end up asking for one, do you think I should still mention two related texts or just one?
If they ask for two, do two. If they ask for one, do one.

buriza

conviction
HSC
If they ask for one, do one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)