Structuring response for historiography question (1 Viewer)

Raven

i like to ask questions
HSC
N/A
Hi super best friends!!!

I was wondering how you structure response for historiography question?

BY THE WAY I WAS READING 2002 EXT HISTORY EXAMINATION NOTES/REPORT AND THEY SAID THAT A LOT OF STUDENTS WROTE PREPARED ANSWER WITHOUT RELATING TO QUESTION!!!!

Thanks in advance

Generator

HSC
N/A
Like a typical essay? The only difference is that you're discussing ideas rather than descriptions...

State the issue, note the various views, and then take a stand.

A pre-planned essay? That's stupid (for all subjects, but especially this one).

belle_j

talking to my teacher, he said for the actual HSC we know pretty much what the question is for extension, so i think people fall into the trap of writing up a sample answer and then memorising it and working the question around to fit their answer. DONT FALL INTO THIS TRAP!!!

funkychickie

yeh

well my teacher isnt that good so im kinda stuck cause i really dont mind it...
yeh i guess the essays just look harder...
i dunno

i guess u have to write it like an normal essay and then interrelate the ideas and historians to the source... its a lot of work.. hope it makes sense
sorry for not being of much help...:( :confused:

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
this may or may not work for you but this is what i did last year.

Question 1; what is history
Write about five paragraphs- each on a separate idea about history. It might be purpose, methodology, contextual influence (this comes into all of them though), interpretation of sources, types of sources, views on truth in history... basically use about five that are relevant to the question they ask you.
THen in each of those five paragraphs discuss each of your historians and how their interpretation of that aspect of history

QUestion 2; Case study
Have a close look at your syllabus. THere will probably be about five key points for your topic. When studying I chose to focus on three of these points. In each paragraph i contrasted my historian's views on these particular aspects of my case study and how their way of writing history differed

Hope that helps!

pranks85

Well, remember that the question will be based on those five focus questions, so prepare however many historians you're dealing with, and their views on it (including your own). I suppose the structure should be the same as any other - intro, discuss each historian and what their view is + evidence, concl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)