Struggling....technique (1 Viewer)

jonosup

HSC
As most people are this week, with trials and preparation.
I am starting to experience mind blanks and i keep looking outside,
lol, i miss the sun.
However, i need to draw a link to this line in an essay and i can't figure out what technique it is.
"I love not Man the less, but Nature more,"
So fellow..well clever people, help would be appreciated! :spin:

lychnobity

HSC
As most people are this week, with trials and preparation.
I am starting to experience mind blanks and i keep looking outside,
lol, i miss the sun.
However, i need to draw a link to this line in an essay and i can't figure out what technique it is.
"I love not Man the less, but Nature more,"
So fellow..well clever people, help would be appreciated! :spin:
1) I would have appreciated it if you didn't centre the text, it's harder for me to read...

2) The technique you're looking can either be exergasia or horismus. Antimetabole would be appropriate. Would suggest you check them first though, I'm a bit rusty

jonosup

HSC
1) I would have appreciated it if you didn't centre the text, it's harder for me to read...

2) The technique you're looking can either be exergasia or horismus. Antimetabole would be appropriate. Would suggest you check them first though, I'm a bit rusty
haha, i really thought people may have hated the centered text, sorry, i did it last minute, thank you.
edit: Chiasmus may even be more accurate?

lychnobity

HSC
haha, i really thought people may have hated the centered text, sorry, i did it last minute, thank you.
edit: Chiasmus may even be more accurate?
Possibly, could be either or depending on context. I considered chiasmus, but the 2 ideas are not quite 'inverted' so much as the quote is attempting to define 'love'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)