struggling with chem (1 Viewer)

zeee1999

HSC
my brain is not wired for chemistry at all but rather writing and essays etc , the exam is in 5 days and i can barely answer past questions :evilfire: i dont know what to do i only need a mark of about 75-78 or maybe 80 but thats HIGHLYYYYY unlikely with my prevailing incompetence in this subject! is anyone in a similar situation or knows what i can doo ugggggh

Last edited:

Sp3ctre

HSC
I'm assuming you only have 10 units and can't drop chem? Even then the best thing to do now is not to stress too much over it and just take some time maybe lying down and watching online videos explaining the concepts that you're struggling with the most, or some other more relaxing way to teach yourself. Take it easy and don't spend too much time trying to catch up on every single dot point of the syllabus, do as much as you can without burning out, and until you do feel like burning out, then have a rest.

zeee1999

HSC
I'm assuming you only have 10 units and can't drop chem? Even then the best thing to do now is not to stress too much over it and just take some time maybe lying down and watching online videos explaining the concepts that you're struggling with the most, or some other more relaxing way to teach yourself. Take it easy and don't spend too much time trying to catch up on every single dot point of the syllabus, do as much as you can without burning out, and until you do feel like burning out, then have a rest.
yeah i only have 10 , i mean its not like i totally dont get the whole course like for e.g. the easiest bit i find is the option topic (industrial chem) however i just cant adequately comprehend certain things especially when i go to do past questions where i totally blank out. i think im gonna watch some vids and hopefully enough can sink in so it doesnt ruin my atar too much

do you think its wiser for me to try and learn the info rather than doing past papers even tho the latter is beneficial but i feel like theres no point in doing it if i dont get it

Last edited:

Sp3ctre

HSC
yeah i only have 10 , i mean its not like i totally dont get the whole course like for e.g. the easiest bit i find is the option topic (industrial chem) however i just cant adequately comprehend certain things especially when i go to do past questions where i totally blank out. i think im gonna watch some vids and hopefully enough can sink in so it doesnt ruin my atar too much

do you think its wiser for me to try and learn the info rather than doing past papers even tho the latter is beneficial but i feel like theres no point in doing it if i dont get it
Definitely learn the info first, then have a crack at the past papers. Past papers are important too, but they're mainly there to test you on your knowledge once you've done your revision. I guess if there's really not that much time left at all, it would still be beneficial to go over past papers and look at the marking criteria so you know what to include that might be missing in your answers

odinD

HSC
been sick most of the year + dad has cancer so this school year has been shit for me, myself i am cramming the dot points. what ive noticed abtchem is that theres a lot of 'useless' bulk dot points. i would recommend learning the heavy hitters like solvay process and acidic oxides and environmental shit since they seem to be big on asking that crap. + calculations are a lot of free marks, just do a few of those until you feel confident since those are often 4 markers, 1 for balanced equations, 1 for mole ration, 1 for the working and 1 for the correct answer so already those are easy marks. its the big wordy ones that will screw most people over. thats just my 0.02c, i personally consider 3u and 4u math, music 2 and physics harder, you can do it, just put on some good music and hammer it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)