Stuck for Yr 12 (1 Viewer)

almost normal

Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice, im currently doing the following subects:

Biology
Chemistry
Adv. English
Ext. 1 English
2U Mathematics
Visual Arts
Food Technology

I can't decide what to drop, im a little reluctant to go into my HSC with 13 units, but I'm having difficulty choosing between Art or English Extension. At the moment, im only just passing english ext, and art im coming 2nd/3rd in (out of 14 students, and 2nd place in half yearlys was with a 66%). My only problem is, my english teacher is very good, and my art teacher is quite appauling, But then again, i can easily get an 80% in art, whereas id be spending alot of my time fine tuning my english to get anywhere near an 80%. Im really confused as to what to do, im scared about going in with 11 units, so at the moment, english ext seems to be the only answer... If anyone has any suggestions, id be very happy to hear from you..!

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
well, from your choice of colours, i wouldn't be doing art.

Seriously, just do whatever one you like best.

almost normal

Egronk said:
well, from your choice of colours, i wouldn't be doing art.

Seriously, just do whatever one you like best.
A paintbrush, is a lot different to a colour choice scheme in a forum! :uhhuh:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
but teal on baby blue?

by the way, it was a joke.

almost normal

haha, yea i realise its a joke, and i didnt realise the background was baby blue, if you were really wondering...i would have chosen a different colour, if i had known that

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I'd keep

English (obviously you have to do this)
Maths 2U
Chemistry
Food Tech. (mmm food)
Art

That's 10 units so you'd have frees.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
personally i would drop ext. english and chem.

Or Art if you don't wish to do a Major Work. I heard that takes heaps of time and effort.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Also depends on what you want to do / what you're trying to get into past the HSC. If I had chosen subjects for the fun of them i'd probably have kept art and not taken up ext. english or math. In the subjective frame I probably would have ended up writing the same existential crap that we do in english anyway. Actually, in my last english essay I drew a picture... managed to make up for the lack of art after all ;) . In the end it's a toss up between how much you enjoy the subject and how you can perform in it. Just don't stress too much over it.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
Why do food tech? It sticks out like a sore thumb when compared to the other subjects.

I mean, what do you plan on getting out of it?

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
the ability to cook, visual rts would be in the same category as food tech
food tech shouldbe keepen for something different .. just do what u like!!!!!
gd luck

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Try working with the SAM on the bored of studies home page. Put in your prelim marks, half yearly marks, average class test marks, etc until you can decide which subject will be best for you in regards to your UAI.

If I were you, I'd drop the subject you have the least motivation for. If you aren't going to try hard for it, there's no use in taking the course on.

I think (but I'm not certain) that you can (or have to) continue all your courses for term one of Year 12...if this is the case, take them all on and decide which subject you least want to do.

Remember, the option is purely yours, not your teacher's, friend's or parent's decision...so do it for your own reasons, not because your teacher is shit, or because your parents expect you to do extra english or because your friends take on art....make your own decision.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I would drop Extension English if I was in your position. I too did both ext. Eng and Art this year, and although ext. scales much higher, I don't think the marks you're getting are sufficient to go well in the HSC.
But I suppose it all depends on how much effort you've put in this year compared with what you'll do next year. My ext. teacher was also very good, and he advised me to drop even though I averaged 80% this year. I wanted to keep it, but he said he didn't think that was high enough.
And if you can easily get 80% in art, if you try really hard , imagine what you could achieve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)