Studdy-ing (1 Viewer)

akira-sb

HSC
helllo,
I was just wondering how you guys study. Also what is the best way to study? I just dont know how 2 its just too much of a trouble since i have already done so much school work.

:wave:

bored of sc

HSC
Make your notes as simple as possible. Do practise tests.

SiN3m

HSC
every1 studies differently...some ppl get it just by reading over work, others like me have to re-write stuff to properly learn it...

or others record it and listen to it... depends on you but i think writing notes and editing them, thus going over them, will help it sink in

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I prefer to talk things over with friends....but that usually deviates into other topics. :p
But generally, I like having notes, and reading over them many times.

eliseliselise

HSC
lock yourself in a cold, abandoned basement with a seedy halogen lamp on a desk that doesn't wobble in the centre of the otherwise empty room with no music or portable telecommunicaton devices, laptops etc..

just write notes, read them over & over again.. use highlighters 2 stimulate the mind. read read read read read.

if ur an aural learner, make up some kind of new wave gospel come folk tune to remember your maths formulae.. eg:

2 pi r, my lord... 2 pi r...

[probably more suitable during the festive season ;)]

if ur a visual learner-- mind maps!!

if u're a hands/kinetc learner um... im not sure for that one. maybe construct a diorama or something.. or re-enact the convention that plants need photons from the sun, co2 and water by depriving a plant of all of the above.

it all comes down to the individual.

Last edited:

jimmayy

HSC
i study 20mins per subject and i do 4 subjects a day. i take 10min breaks after a 20min subject, which when i do take this break is either eat a light snack or While doing 20 mins of studying i read my txtbook pull out the syllabus, take notes and practice questions.

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
post-it notes on the bathroom mirror! or, you know, everywhere and anywhere i can possibly see them during the day.

HSC
I'm one to write notes and practice essays out again and again, as well as colour code my notes. Reading does nothing for me, as I just zone out and find myself thinking elsewhere.
I find I'm most effective for about 45 minutes at a time, and no more than 2.5 hours in one session.
Remember that study and homework are two separate things. Most of the time, your homework is beneficial, so do it! Otherwise, prioritise so that everything gets done in an optimal order.
Studying takes practice and routine, so don't expect to be super productive straight away. Keep at it!

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lols for me its very random things, heres the list

-syllabus notes
-practice essays
-practice exams (cause i can for english and then prelim)\
-huge ass posters that have mind maps
-record notes and listen to them
-have things blu-taked to roof above my bed
-flash cards
-teaching others the subject when they don't understand
-homework & assignments
-revison guide questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)