student cards (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
wen do u get issued student cards by unis o_O first day??!!!

FARK I LOST MY GREE NCONCESSION CARD IM TRAVELLING ON TRAINS AND BUSSES TAKING A RISK FOR A $200 FINE EVERYDAY >_<

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I dunno bout the other unis, but mine (Newcastle) you need to make time to go to student services and get it, they don't automatically send them out on xxx date.

Actuarial Boy
HSC
omg gay.. ill just run the risk until i get fined

Actuarial Boy
HSC
thx people =]

elli : i hafta close my eyes everytime u post coz of ur sig roflz =.=

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
UTS students get their student cards on the spot when you come in to enrol (so late January/early February). So if you're going to be enrolling into a course at UTS, then make sure you look good for your photo on the day :p.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
wen do u get issued student cards by unis o_O first day??!!!

FARK I LOST MY GREE NCONCESSION CARD IM TRAVELLING ON TRAINS AND BUSSES TAKING A RISK FOR A $200 FINE EVERYDAY >_<

Also note that uni concession cards are different to those ones you get at school (ie. your green one). Instead of paying child price, you will be paying student price. Student prices are half price of adult peak fare, so a $12 adult peak fare will cost you $6.00 return. However, the same adult off peak fare is $7.20, but you will still pay $6.00. If you're mostly travelling in peak times then it's pretty cheap still. A weekly ticket is half the price of the adult weekly tickets, which turn out to be cheaper if you travel at least 3.5-4 times a week return.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Also most private bus companies wont accept them

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
UoW issues their cards at the end of January when first year students enroll. On Premier Illawarra buses only UoW student cards are accepted as a form of uni student concession. Lucky for me, in Sydney, all student cards are accepted... including UoW. I have the best of both worlds. :)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I wrote a submission to the USYD Senate detailing lots of reasons why it would be good policy for the University to introduce proper cards, or even Smart Cards. At least we're getting separate Union cards this year.

MoNNiE

HSC
yes thats correct,
if you are travelling by private bus to the university you need to fill out an alternative form which you can get from your universities student administration block

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW, you can get them as soon as you have been enrolled.

Re-enrolling students can get them basically when UNSW opens from christmas break (4th of Jan I think..? beat the o-week queues)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)