Students at UOW (1 Viewer)

Koray

HSC
What the % of students that are local, international and out of illawarra for each undergraduate year???

I know it is obviously hard to give me a perfect answer however an estimation would be appreciated..

benno22

HSC
N/A
informatics faculty ide say would be 50 - 60 % international, 20 - 30 % local and 20 - 30% surrounding areas

local as in around wollongong

surrounding areas anything outside wollongong, ie sutherland shire, sydney

faculity is mpstly made up of asian imports

Last edited:

Koray

HSC
Thanks for the replies guys and ladies...

Well I think I will be in the Informatics block...

Scanorama

HSC
Koray said:
Thanks for the replies guys and ladies...

Well I think I will be in the Informatics block...
Avoid doing group assignment with Asian international student, particularly those from China. I learnt my lesson in CSCI205, totally fucked up the thing. It's not the language problem, no. It's just they won't do the work, you have to push them very very hard to get little done.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Scanorama said:
Avoid doing group assignment with Asian international student, particularly those from China. I learnt my lesson in CSCI205, totally fucked up the thing. It's not the language problem, no. It's just they won't do the work, you have to push them very very hard to get little done.
lol, yeah... unfortunately it is true.

However, they aren't all lazy, there are some hard working ones.

btw, you were in 205 this year? a friend of mine spoke to anish and apparently he wasn't happy with the marks.

Scanorama

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
lol, yeah... unfortunately it is true.

However, they aren't all lazy, there are some hard working ones.

btw, you were in 205 this year? a friend of mine spoke to anish and apparently he wasn't happy with the marks.
Yeah I did 205 this session, did you friend not happy with the project mark either? Mine was very unfairly marked. I was in a group of 4 (2 of them were the international students from China and the other was a local student). I did 45% fot the work, while one of the Chinese student did 25, the other 2 only did 15%.

The story is this: One of the Chinese student had some sort of 'family emergency' and had to go to China for 2 weeks, it was the last 2 weeks before the project was due. I asked him if he could do some works while in China, and he said he would try his best, but he didn't.

Then the local student was away for 12 days before he got a hiking job, also in the last 2 weeks before the project was due.

Then the other Chinese student did nothing during the session break. I had to push him very hard to get very little done.

I have informed Aneesh all about this, I sent him the emails as soon as I found out the situations. He assured me we will be marked accordingly.

At the end, we all got the same mark, 23/30. The quality of our work is obviously, you can tell some of them are 5 minutes work, while some is days of work. For the record, we only had 4 state diagrams, while I produced 23 use cases and activity diagrams.

Aneesh told me because not all of us handed in the group contribution assessment form, therefore it would be unfair to mark others down. What a bullshit excuse!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)