Students offered courses at Penrith Campus (1 Viewer)

Happy with your offer to Study @ penrith

• yes

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
heya nat im doing b comm at penny!

the 8am lecture is gonna kill me i hate being up early! but wat can u do! guess ill b seeing ya there then, along with all the others who hav said they will b doing it! wow, i know like 6 ppl who r doing this course already! cool...

mattyg87

HSC
sounds like a 6am wake up for you lol, i have a lecture at 8am on monday mornings for finite maths! first thing to start the week :(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I had a 8am lecture at Richmond during semester one. But a few weeks into the semester the lecturers wondered why no one was turning up ... then it occurred to them that the trains either arrive at like 7:10 or 8:10 ... so we got our lecture cut short :)

mattyg87

HSC
natstar said:
Im so glad i dont have to catch a train. My friend caught a train from Quakers for an 8am lectuer at Penrith and was up at 5.30am..
5.30 is ridiculous..im glad i only live a 20 min drive from the uni

mattyg87

HSC
you little speeder! lol yeah i can go this back way and get out onto the great western highway at werrington so thats what im planning to do

mattyg87

HSC
i find it funny when those little oldies are sitting about 20 km under the speed limit, and they give you evil looks as you overtake them.

B

Bears_den

i have tried looking up my subjects in health science on the timetable when they are on and cannot find it ? i type in course code and campus and i cant find wat i want

i need help plz

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Bears_den said:
i have tried looking up my subjects in health science on the timetable when they are on and cannot find it ? i type in course code and campus and i cant find wat i want

i need help plz
Go to this link Timetable

which is the timetables, and type in the subject codes for each of your subjects.

michelleanne

HSC
Bears_den said:

i need help plz

Hi!
Please refer to the following post I posted in another thread.

Well There are four majors for health science- they added a new major this year.... I suggest going with social health studies or health promotion...... whatever interests you I guess.... you could do social health studies and choose your electives from the health promotion unit.

In terms of the workload, it isn't that bad...... three or four assessments per subject. One suggestion I would give you is to do a library tour to understand the different facilities that you have access to at the library ie. jounrals, databases etc. Also, get in the habbit of doing good research for assessments now, it will help you in the later years.

In terms of the subjects you would be studying and the times of those subjects, look at:
http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/co...p?course=4545.2

This lists each major and the corresponding subjects for that major each semester.

Once you know your subjects (depending on your major) and the year and semester you are studying and the elective you want look at the timetable at:

http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_tt/start.asp?yr=2005

You can have a look at class times, and see what elective you would like to do dpending on the day/time it has been timetabled.

Start planning your times now, so when tutorial registrations are open you know what times you want and you dont spend half an hour figuring out what you want. Since tut registrations are first in best dressed, it pays to be organised so you get the class times you want.

The link for tut registrations is:
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg

This gives you date and times of the registrations. Its all done online at http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/ - for health science it would be the 18th of febuary -most subjects for health science are in the school of applied social and human sciences.

Apart from that, I think that you would be going to uni about 3 days a week- just have a look at the timetable. Textbooks will cost about $400 maybe less depending if the subjects require texts.

Anyway, hope this helps.......

dediho

HSC
health science

hey im in b health science at penrith 2. im at uni for 10 hrs on wednesday, 1 hr tuesday, n 2 hrs thursday. r u all goin to the orientation day!! im a lil bit scared bout goin to uni!!

dediho

HSC
Bear!!!!

if the course aint there.. that means it musn't be offered at the uni u chose. i had that problem too. i couldnt find the timetable 4 my electives, thts cos they werent offerd or just not offered at penrith. u gotta send in a subject variation form.. if u want nemore info msg me on la_chica_corta@hotmail.com

Muchi

HSC
im doing media arts! scared about the trains though.....hopefully i get all the morning lectures

LKY

HSC
N/A
im doing engineering in electrical or tel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)