• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Students opinions on weed (2 Viewers)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
Don't start on BAs
that stereotype is very valid.
id like to stand up for BA students. After all i love all BA subjects - psych, philosophy, history, english, performance studies, film studies etc (hugs), but that stereotype is so bloody true.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
that stereotype is very valid.
id like to stand up for BA students. After all i love all BA subjects - psych, philosophy, history, english, performance studies, film studies etc (hugs), but that stereotype is so bloody true.
As, I'll freely admit, is the engo/alcohol stereotype.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
well i'll be the voice of dissent and say pot is gross. i wouldnt judge people for smoking it, its their life, but the people ive known in the past to overdo it with pot are now loser derroes with no motivation to do ANYTHING with their lives. grossssss.

Riewe

HSC
Alcohol at least gives you something you need (fluids) whereas smoking only gives you a high.

So alcohol is a too for one special, because at the same time, you are providing your body with what it needs and you also get a good sensation from it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Riewe said:
Alcohol at least gives you something you need (fluids) whereas smoking only gives you a high.

So alcohol is a too for one special, because at the same time, you are providing your body with what it needs and you also get a good sensation from it.
ummmm.... alcoholic 'fluids' cause dehydration. It does not need alcohol and it gets poisoned from it. Also alchol is high in energy, but has no nutritional value. In other words, its shit.

yourdad

HSC
N/A
Personally, i think weed is way less detrimental to studying then alcohol. I mean, if you go and get really drunk, like hell barfing smashed then the next day you feel like shit and the day is pretty much written off. If I go and have a killa sesh then at worst i might just feel a bit lazy in the morning. Chances are i get a better sleep then normal anyway.

yourdad said:
If I go and have a killa sesh then at worst i might just feel a bit lazy in the morning. Chances are i get a better sleep then normal anyway.
and wake with a smaller IQ!

i'll try and find the article about weed and IQ...

roger321

HSC
N/A
i think its more easily to get dependant on the weed. I have a friend whois trying to cutdown cause he is doing like 50 bucks of weed per day. heh you know u r addicted when u start punching cones as soon as you wake up.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
roger321 said:
i think its more easily to get dependant on the weed. I have a friend whois trying to cutdown cause he is doing like 50 bucks of weed per day. heh you know u r addicted when u start punching cones as soon as you wake up.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love it when ignorant people post. I really do.
First of all, there is a much lower risk of becoming addicted to marijuana than alcohol.
Next, $50 of weed a day.....you remind me of this chick who apparently had a friend addicted to heroin (she was in year 9). We asked if she does the same thing as everyone with heroin, get 1kg of green heroin and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes after which she inserts her head into the microwave and soaks up the fumes.
She said "yeah! offcourse that's what she does. I've seen her do it).

yourdad

HSC
N/A
$50 is possible... yeh it sounds like an unrealistic amount, but imagine a situation where someone spends all day seshing with people and always shouts the sesh. ie wake up, sesh, go and visit some people, sesh, visit different people, sesh, etc, sesh before going to sleep. I got a buddy who basically buys a stick a day because never has enough money to buy an oz, so it could be possible. (yes i admit the post was probably bullshit).

roger321

HSC
N/A
and i love it when arrogrant ppl post, who think they have seen every scenario/case in their 20 years or so alive.

well firstly id like to admit my errors in that since i am not aregular weed buyer or smoker i have no idea whether or not $50 is excessive, it is jsut the figure he gave me. But considering that since he lost his job, all his does is smoke weed all day long with his islander roommate, i think its possible.

i concede that alcohol is much easier to abuse then marijuana as its more readily available yet im still not bought on the addiction part. would it not depend on how often you smoke/drink and how much you do? has there actually been proper studies showing that there is a lower risk? i would actually be pretty interested in seeing how they actually set this experiment up.

(heh on a side note how funny are the new drug ads that are on tv now)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
roger321 said:
i concede that alcohol is much easier to abuse then marijuana as its more readily available yet im still not bought on the addiction part. would it not depend on how often you smoke/drink and how much you do? has there actually been proper studies showing that there is a lower risk? i would actually be pretty interested in seeing how they actually set this experiment up.
I believe Time magazine had a study on addiction. This was probably 1 year ago or so. I may still have the article.

hamsterMan

HSC
i totally agree yourdad. weed is more natural than beer, so people shouldnt be so against it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)