Students who attended academic advising help (1 Viewer)

Sam990

HSC
hey guys i would like to know how academic advising is?
is it a one-on-one session with a course adviser discussing about your course etc, etc,??

or is it like a lecture where a hall of students come and listen to a course adviser?

also are there any tips

thanks in advance

rajputsingh

HSC
is it a one-on-one session with a course adviser discussing about your course etc, etc,??

or is it like a lecture where a hall of students come and listen to a course adviser?

also are there any tips

thanks in advance

Last year it was just a generic lecture. Not really helpful unless you had a specific question whereby they would deal with it after the lecture. Maybe it changed this year.

Sam990

HSC
Last year it was just a generic lecture. Not really helpful unless you had a specific question whereby they would deal with it after the lecture. Maybe it changed this year.
damn hope it will be a one-on-one its easier to communicate that way, and ask questions

can anyone correct me to those that have been this year?

Sam990

HSC
sigh, did u end up going this year or was it the previous year?

yeh already know how to use that stuff, i was hoping to attend and get some information about which unit to enroll to ect etc ad apply for advance standing,

it is really frustrating trying to get help from uws

so who stuck it out till the end? did they have a one-on-one session with a course adviser or just questions at the end?

Last edited:

Dawn65

HSC
N/A
I went a couple of days ago. It was a lecture situation and at the end they dealt with specific queries. Make sure you have all your documentation and photocopies of them, plus have your paperwork filled out.

Sam990

HSC
I went a couple of days ago. It was a lecture situation and at the end they dealt with specific queries. Make sure you have all your documentation and photocopies of them, plus have your paperwork filled out.
where they just a question type thing you mean by "queries"? or a one on one with course adviser?

TateDimech21

HSC
i went yesterday to cambelltown and they left us in the lecture hall for an hour without air con because they "didn't know we were there" because the head of my course (sports and exercise science) went on holidays without telling the head of faculty therefore there was no one there to give us information which means we were sitting in a fucking hot lecture room for an hour for absolutely nothing, first UWS stuff up but hopefully no more will happen

rajputsingh

HSC

also are there any tips

thanks in advance

What do you actually need to ask them or need clearing up? Try the student centre or even directly contact the faculty that you are having isssues with. Im sure they could be of some assistance.

Sam990

HSC
What do you actually need to ask them or need clearing up? Try the student centre or even directly contact the faculty that you are having isssues with. Im sure they could be of some assistance.
yeh if the academic advising was no help, ill head down to the student centre to ask the question aswell as getting my id card

who else went campeltown advising day?

grivera

HSC
Yeahh i did. It was a group leacture thing for my course specifically, then we broke up into key programs.

Bibster

HSC
Is it compulsory to attend academic advising day? because its just for 1 hour and my travel time would be 1 hour and a half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)