Studies of Religion-Exam thoughts in here only (1 Viewer)

SiReN

HSC
the questions were just like my trials the ethics and a Aborginal one...

ALL WAS GOOD i say that Excitedly but i think im still in my state of happiness from the relief that this week is over!!!!!!!!!!! :)

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
fleepbasding said:
I liked the exam overall. easy really. did the MC in under 5 minutes and had a whole hour to do the extended response which was pretty cool. the aboriginal short answer questions were pretty annoying as usual but I thought I handled them pretty well.

Thank you board, this is the first exam I've felt confident about! hopefully there are more to come...
i did MC in under 5min as well, i figured them out during reading time.. i also spent an hour on my essay.. lol..

the quote question threw me off a bit also, never seen something like that before..

essay q' was sorta predicted..

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
fantasy27 said:
i did MC in under 5min as well, i figured them out during reading time.. i also spent an hour on my essay.. lol..

the quote question threw me off a bit also, never seen something like that before..

essay q' was sorta predicted..
I've seen something like that quote question in a CSSA paper from memory...what did you put for that?

The essay questions are always going to be fairly generic...the syllabus restricts BOS from asking anything "out of the blue".

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I've seen something like that quote question in a CSSA paper from memory...what did you put for that?

The essay questions are always going to be fairly generic...the syllabus restricts BOS from asking anything "out of the blue".
yeah, my thoughts as i came out were.. nothing new, it was pretty normal type questions, nothing "suprises" me.. lol.. cept for the inclusion of the quote that is..

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I hated how they specified TWO religious traditions' responde to the aspect of society... I wasn't prepared for that at all, I thought it would be Christianity's response to two different issues.

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
if i had of studied..that seriously would have been the easiest god damn exam ever!that was a poor excuse of an exam..worse than english1..im not sayin that ill even pass.but geez

bunny_b

HSC
damn straight that was an easy exam... i wish i had of studied for the extended response because i just really did not give a damn.... that was at least untill i got to the question... although for religion and ethics people it was pretty straight forward...

in the extended responses though ive been writting out the essay and then writting out a dot point summary just incase the markers didnt understand my jibber.... they are meant to try and mark everything you write anyway arent they?

quilly

no more religion!

i loved the moment the examiners said "pens down"
i've hated religion since yr 7

i pitty the kids that are only just starting the coarse though.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
PaleReflection said:
I hated how they specified TWO religious traditions' responde to the aspect of society... I wasn't prepared for that at all, I thought it would be Christianity's response to two different issues.
we sorta guessed it would be two religious traditions, because last year was the first essay for section II, and it was one religious tradition, our teacher told us alot of people complained having studied for two!

mimkyodar

I finished so early, i started drawing cartoons on the inside cover, where i planned my essay.
Not that it means anything, it'll be my one unit that doesn't count.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
PaleReflection said:
Meh. Just make something about the contribution of Islam or Judaism etc. The markers can't verify that everything you say is correct...as long as it sounds close then they'll give you the marks. That said, I don't endorse "fudging" for the sake of fudging :p - only if you're desperate...

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Meh. Just make something about the contribution of Islam or Judaism etc. The markers can't verify that everything you say is correct...as long as it sounds close then they'll give you the marks. That said, I don't endorse "fudging" for the sake of fudging :p - only if you're desperate...
I don't even remember what I wrote... made up some shite about Muslim women in Australia being influenced by gender equality. I mostly wrote about Christianity.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
PaleReflection said:
I don't even remember what I wrote... made up some shite about Muslim women in Australia being influenced by gender equality. I mostly wrote about Christianity.
That should be fine. Markers aren't omniscient and they're not going to go and find out if your answer is correct...as long as it's on the right track it should be ok :)

Lushious88

HSC
ExAm- 2 unit

Phew! i was so stressed!!!...but it was alot easier than i expected...
the essay questions were so broad,
we got to choose what women & what period
what religious rite we wanted to do!
and the ethics question- good!

its a waste of time doing 1901-present, thank god for the youngsters as the syllabus is changing...that WHOLE TOPIC, just for "the ending of the white aus. policy" which we learnt in year 10 history - there was that ohter question about euthanaisa, abortion ect..i just shortened my ethics essay hahaha, well im not complaining, the questions were good- but honestly!! i stressed out tryin to remember State Aid..and that bloody toilet seat from the school in Goulbourne..hehehe

goodluck with the rest of ur exams everyone...
WE NEVER HAVE TO DO THAT COURSE AGAIN! YAYAYAYAYA

jebba_d

exactly same ethics essay question we had in our trial. and i got 19 for it in the trial. was pretty easy to pick tho cos they dint ask it last yr. somehow managed to beef up my 6 page trial response which scored 19 into 12 pages which is hopefully even better. fingers crossed

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I have always enjoyed religion...but I suppose I have aspirations of being the pope... :rolleyes:

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
The first short answer question really threw me off, and then the second one. So basically Foundation 1 killed me. I didn't like the ethics question either. I'm just happy with the multiple choice lol.

Firnovvwen

HSC
I quite liked that exam, however I was still the last person to finish. The lady said "pen down please, your examination is finished". Bloody well dropped the "s" on pens didn't she, to make me feel so good. However, I answered all the questions, which I didn't do for the trials... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)