• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studing techniques (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I absorb by reciting facts aloud as many times as I need to, for science pracs, it's like a running movie inside my head, so I imagine the steps there, and then stare at the wall or ceiling and test myself aloud, or written down if there are too many bits to say aloud.

Thanks brilliance**, it was very helpful advice.

ishq

brown?
HSC
me too!
it helps when you pretend to teach the wall!
:D

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Train your mind to become photographic.

I typed all my summaries but they weren't really summaries. Like for each unit in Modern History I had 20 pgs.

I think typing helped, cause I can type faster than I can write, you read the actual stuff as you're typing...and your summaries are neat. However when it comes to diagrams, it can be a bitch.

For english, drama, modern history and visual arts, write essay after essay after essay. And if you're too lazy to do that, then write essay structures and do short answer questions.

For Drama IP and GP performance, be organised and be patient with other people you work with.

For major works in eng Ext 2 and Visual Arts, get a crud load of it done in the summer holidays, cause you'll be spending all your other time on other subjects when it gets busier in the latter part of the year. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)