Study Advice From Now Until The HSC (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
should I just read over my syllabuses and find stuff I'm not confident on and read over the facts on those particular dot points or just read over everything even the stuff I'm confident with.

Cauz I want to start doing past papers this week.

Teddy Lee

HSC
En contraire, I think you should study what you don't know and revise what you do know - there's a difference. Unless of course you've resigned to not bothering to understand a component of a course and instead decide to focus on further improving your strengths. I don't suggest this but with time constraints who knows what crazy stuff we'll end up doing!

RANDOM BRAIN TEASER:

What are the next three no.s in this sequence and what is the pattern?

1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 12, 16, 18, 22

My brother keeps calling me stupid because I can't solve it and he's running around the house screaming of his intellectual superiority. Please help me stop him.

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
Teddy Lee said:
RANDOM BRAIN TEASER:

My brother keeps calling me stupid because I can't solve it and he's running around the house screaming of his intellectual superiority. Please help me stop him.
Holy shit, I have no idea.

Perhaps try some y values and put it in a graph? LOL.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Teddy Lee said:
En contraire, I think you should study what you don't know and revise what you do know - there's a difference. Unless of course you've resigned to not bothering to understand a component of a course and instead decide to focus on further improving your strengths. I don't suggest this but with time constraints who knows what crazy stuff we'll end up doing!

RANDOM BRAIN TEASER:

28, 30, 36 ;)

Edit: I just gave it to my little sister to figure it out. She gave up in 10 mins (she's quite smart at maths but was like "meh"). So I told her the answer. Her reply was ":mad1: I don't like prime numbers." :p

Btw the answer is: prime numbers - 1

Last edited:

random1990

HSC
Teddy Lee said:
I think you should study what you don't know and revise what you do know - there's a difference.
What's the difference?

For me: I'm going to go through the syllabus and write notes on every dot point. Then I'm going to summarise those notes into proper summaries. Then I'm going to go through my text/exercise books and do exercises/questions for all subjects. Then after that I'm going to go and do past papers.

Wish me luck!

Booman

HSC
Teddy Lee said:

RANDOM BRAIN TEASER:

add 2 which gives 24 and then add 4 which gives 28 if the one is not there this rule follows the whole way through (2+4=6, 4+6=10...)

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
Booman said:
add 2 which gives 24 and then add 4 which gives 28 if the one is not there this rule follows the whole way through (2+4=6, 4+6=10...)
Nuh uh. Beanie is right.

I would never have thought of that though, Beanie. :p Not a maths style of problem.

missAy

HSC
Booman said:
*shakes head*
By using your rule which alternates between the addition of 2 and 4, since 2 + 2 = 4, then .: to get the number before it, it would need to be 1 + 4 which = 5 or 2 - 4, which = -2 and not 2. :p

.: I agree with baby beanie :)

Last edited:

Teddy Lee

HSC
CHAMPIONS. Thank you!! Yup it was the prime numbers thing.

Also, study is like notes, more past papers, talking through with friends, teachers, getting the facts understood in your head.

Revision is like reading over notes, doing practise questions to reinforce knowledge.

Well, for me it's different. I'm a pretty sucky explainer so I don't know if that came across here.

oh and of course, GOOD LUCK! we all shall need it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)