• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study all subjects or few subjects in one day? (1 Viewer)

duhdevitt

HSC
I study what subjects I feel like

atar goal:91 but will be happy with 85+

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
How many subjects is a few? And how roughly how many hours for each?
Hours are arbitrary, but try not to go over one hour or under 30 minutes, other you risk losing concentration or spreading yourself too thin. If it is taking more time to grasp a particular concept, do something else and come back to it. Alternatively, if you feel like you've mastered something in 10 minutes, look at your notes for that subject :)

HSC
It just depends what you have on your plate of priorities: don't think of study in terms of hours but in terms of what you need to do at that given time. You may well find yourself consuming a whole day on a particular task because its completion is paramount (though this is generally unnecessary and inefficient, if you have planned your study schedule properly).

If you want something to take from this post then: do whatever is necessary, taking into account what is required of all subjects and prioritise.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I found that in terms of studying you spend the most time doing maths (or science?) if your doing it right, most other subjects like humanities don't really have much study unless you consider making notes 'studying'.

You'd find that on the odd occasion you would probably be doing some homework for your other subjects but with maths there is just work you can always do. So most days of the week I was studying maths but when I had to do other subjects I was spending time doing a whole day on English, a whole day on Legal or Economics.

p.s. When I mean a whole day I mean 6:30 -9pm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)