Study and homework? (1 Viewer)

Glyde

HSC
Just curious as to how much time you guys put into homework + study after school? Could any of the older bos members shed some wisdom on this thought please !!! :kiss:

I had never studied during the school year for the preliminary course, and I guess it has worked alright is 2hours homework + 1hour study sufficient for Decent-->High results?
⌚

Jeff_

HSC
Quality > Quantity

As long as you use the hours efficiently, anything is possible :D Although when assessments come around, you would probably spend more time then.

Ambility

HSC
Yeah seriously don't even time yourself. It's about what you want to do in study session, not about how long you want to do it.

psyc1011

#truth
HSC
Don't worry about hours studied, worry about tasks completed!

During HSC, I studied by counting hours but it left an inaccurate display of how much work I did, around 30min before my break, I lose focus. Also I was only worried about hour count instead of actually studying, lol.

Halfway through the HSC, someone told me about "task-based studying", I tried it and evaluated it.

I was happy with it because it represented how much work I did and gave me direction.

sourmilk

HSC
Usually throughout the day I write in my diary of the shit I have to do, stuff I don't understand and things I need to revise on. At night I just open my diary and cross as I go through each subject, it's more important that you understand rather than if you do lots of hours studying.

Flop21

HSC
Set weekly study goals, don't time yourself.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Just make realistic time schedules of studying and it should all be good

chairs

HSC
getting to the past paper stage is what you want. the first quater-half year was about learning the content. from the moment you finish learning the content, do past papers everyday. revise your theory (adhering to dotpoints) but make sure you are able to express the theory (essentially brain dump) succinctly and do not over dump.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)