• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study and Music... good/bad?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

DanielleM

HSC
anyone seen britneys- do somethin' video clip??
shes soo skanky now
ppl change
she should wear clothing not bullshit how you dance better with no clothes..

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
DanielleM said:
anyone seen britneys- do somethin' video clip??
shes soo skanky now
ppl change
she should wear clothing not bullshit how you dance better with no clothes..
my perogative? or the britney megamix?
i saw both at the gym this arvo -_-"

vas y molo

I just integrate it...like for example, the other night I was listening to something and thought damn, this song would make a great related text. and there you have it. an excuse to listen to music ;)

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
isn't watching TV while studying pointless? you're wasting time and you end up not doing both things properly.

studying with pop music on irritates me. classical music makes my mind more active.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
I like listening to music while I study for all my subjects. Having said this, I'm quite fussy about what music goes with which subjects, and I usually avoid anything with vocals. I find that if I put non-instrumental music on I tend to end up singing, which distracts me. Plain piano music is nice, it doesn't have to be classical unless I'm doing maths.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i just always listen to music. i go insane when my stereo isnt turned on in my bedroom. i even fall asleep listening to music and as soon as i wake up, i turn my stereo back on.
so yes, i listen to music when i study. if i study. i listen to music when i do homework.
i often take my discman to school and listen to music in class aswell.

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
[SIZE=-2]-- I like to work with no music... but then agen, I tend to fall asleep when it's dead silent...
the thing that tends to work for me would be using a metronome.
mite sound silly, but it really works!!! lol**
because ur brain likes rhythms (at least, I fink it does);;; it tends to work along with a certain rhythm u listen to....
u don't notice, but if u listen to a rhythm or beat that is fast, you tend to work a little faster...... just my hypothesis[/SIZE]

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
my english teacher got really angry at me when i told her i studied listening to heavy metal and punk. she brought me this article about how classical music and composed music is benfetial for studying becuase it stimulates learning neutrons or some shit.
i listened to punk anyway!

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
[SIZE=-2]hmm..... yeah -- punk and rock stupefies you .... but depends on the volume... if it's really really loud to a point where u can't hear urself think.... then I'd have no idea how you could study......
lol -- listening to punk and rock itself is too chaotic for me.... don't know how u can do it. o_O

[edit]: all music is composed btw.....[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
brilliance** said:
[SIZE=-2]

yeh haha i kinda realised that after i posted it... kinda the dumbest thing i ever said

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
music is good it motivates
but when u get carried away and start singing (which i do alot) then thats no good :(
Omg that is totally what I do!

For me if i'm doing any of my subjects bar writing an essay for english adv, music is cool. I actually like having a little bit of noise when i study because my family is the noisiest family on the planet, so when no1s home, i just make random noises to fill the void :p

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
brilliance** said:
[SIZE=-2]
Improvisation is a non-composed form of musical expression.

I always listen to music while studying. Actually, when I'm home there's rarely a time when I don't have music in the background. I don't think music is good for studying, it takes away from how much of your brian is focused on the work (whether or not you are directly focused on your work your brain is tuning in to all the noise being thrown at it). Mind you, if it's a matter of just getting work done, not retention of information then music helps me to work for much longer and keep me motivated. Double edged sword I geuss.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I listened to the radio for easy work like answering q's for history and economics. Music didnt mix with maths for me though lol

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
I can't seem to concentrate at all if there are any outside influences, such as music/ the tv, etc........ i tend to try and work when it is quiet......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)