• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

study and music (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
it's gotta be silent for me to study properly. i've tried having soft relaxing music playing, but that makes me want to go to sleep more than anything!! :)

mishka

HSC
N/A
see, i'd get up and dance around to that, so that would defeat the purpose of studying!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I tend to listen to rock music when i study, linkin park and the offspring are great to listen to when i'm studying.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Dubya said:
dthe best ive found is a bit of bach, im not even into classical music but u cant beat bach wen it comes to study
give us ur thoughts cheers

Absolutely I love Bach, I rate him higher than Beethoven (which I don't really like much).
Bach's Triple Concerto - Allegro is pure gold.
I hear Vivaldi's Four Seasons is the best to study to though.

mack

Banned
HSC
Studying to music all depends on what you're listening to of course....

It won't be very productive if you've got Cannibal Corpse blaring from the cd player for example, but generally soothing music at a slow tempo will aid you. Bach is perfect of course, as is ambient/electronic music. I'll recommend some more music:

Underworld- Push downstairs
Enigma-Sadeness
Praise-Only You
Deep Forest-Deep Forest
Bach- Augnute Ruh and Goldberg Variations
Satie- Gymnopedie 1, 2 and 3
Chopin-Nocturne in F minor
Beethoven- Symphony in F major(Pleasant thoughts upon arriving in the countryside)

Most of the other impressionist's work(eg Debussy) is perfect as they almost always reflect quiet, contemplative moods.

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
Dubya said:
does any1 out there find that listening to a bit of music wen u study helps?? i listen to music wen i study just to stop me getting distracted from things on my desk

I have the shortest attention span and listening to music while i do my homework (like u said) stops me from getting distracted from things on my desk, and it reduces white noise which i'm always trying to igonore (unnsucsessfully i might add! ).

I don't care what they say about it not helping us students....it DOES DAMNIT, IT DOES!!!!!!

gem_max

HSC
mmm when i study i either play music or a dvd so that when i hit the exam and need to be reminded of a particular concept or defintion i jut think through the song or part of the movie that was playing at the time i studied it and somehow theres this mental connection. Works a treat aye folks?

Haha and freakily enough now when I hear a song sometimes the stuff i was reading pops into my head and i get flashbacks of the hsc...

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
mmm, usually listen to either....Xavier Rudd, The Cat Empire...or....old Ben Harper songs...the Waifs are ok too for study...and JBT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)