• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

study books (1 Viewer)

angel_fire

HSC
Thanks for all your help. everyone has been so willing othelp. But i am having trouble to find study guide books such as the excel books for extension english. Does anyone have any ideas so I can try and get my hands on to them quicky. I am still having trouble unbderstanding it. I will get there one day and I am hoping to get a book to help me. Please if you had any help with books can you give me their author and title. maybe which books store you got them from. I am doing wasy of thinking... lost salt gift of blood, castle and SH poems thanks

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I think there is one study guide out there, but not sure how good it is.

RFTG really isn't all that hard to grasp, but you can't expect to understand it fully this early in the game... just keep working at it and actively trying to understand it.

It's difficult, if not impossible to spoon-feed any EE1 subject. Much like a study guide, we can tell you what quotes to use... what words to put in an essay, what techniques to bring up... but none of it is going to be any use to you if you don't understand it. A study guide can't make you understand, only you can... :)

I myself did well in RFTG without the help of a study guide, and looking back, I honestly think it was better doing it without - because I had to run around and do all my research, I knew it really really well (and subsequently had very little study to do for HSC trials and HSC itself).

Just my 2 cents. :)

~Kat~

Hey - I am doing Postmodernism, not RFTG, but I found some excellent study guide books in an ABC shop. They are called 'Top Notes' and have some comprehensive notes on the module as well as a brief summary etc. of the text plus suggested related material. I'm not sure if they have any books for RFTG but it's worth a try looking! I think they should have. Oh btw they are published by 'Five Senses' if that helps. Good luck!

cameronS

HSC
personally, the greatest help in regards to RTFG would be a a top student giving me their notes. I need a benchmark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)