Study breaks (1 Viewer)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
So.... what do you guys do in your study breaks?

Coz, i usually play my DS, play with my dogs, read the newspaper.... and i've discovered i spend A LOT of time on the computer (.... *ahem ahem*....) ... actually, i spend about 70% of my study breaks on the comp..... >_>"

So... i was wondering... in study breaks, is it best to just take a breather from all forms of mental stimulation? Like, instead of stopping studying and going to watch TV or hopping on the computer or something... is it best to just take a nap, or meditate, or read a light book or something?

But, anyway.... how do YOU spend your study breaks?

Legham

HSC
Well.. I swim in the pool and lay in the sun and hang with the gf and get drunk and stuff.. But i've never studied yet so it's not really a 'break'.. more just like me being a bludger..

Beege

HSC
Majority of the time I'm on the computer but sometimes I go for a walk

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I think for many these study "breaks" almost turn into study sessions of there own. Only problem with that is that they are study sessions not relating to the HSC.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
on the comp hahaha. on BoS :p

or , i go for a bike ride / walk.

=] or i read something.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Computer + Music during study breaks - but so far most of my 'study' has been on the computer. Unfortunately.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
My study breaks are usually only about 10mins, so I'm just MSNing like crazy in those 10mins. Or I call someone (this works really well if you're attached, but being HSC students, you suppose to focus on school and not have a partner).

That said, today's study break somehow manage to evolve into 6hrs.
:D

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well actually some would say during your final years of school you should be living a more rounded life. Being social, having a partner (if possible), job, go out do all the normal things because life doesn't stop because you have the hsc. It's all about trying to achieve that perfect balance.

But at the moment study and preparing for your HSC should be your #1 piority. :)

xxJTxx

HSC
my breaks, more often than not, involve eating. :)

sometimes eating in front of the computer. or in front of the tv.

if im not eating, i just sit around...or go on the comp...(though i can't access my msn/myspace..as i had the pw's changed by my bro so i dont go on)...

yeah.

don't eat in ure breaks too much though. i've packed on too much excess weight cause of tht.

slasher3689

HSC
Ill go on the computer, go for a motorbike ride, drive somewhere... Or daydream about life after the HSC, or reminisce the good days of school...

Or if im hungry, ill go eat some noodles, cook an egg or sometihng like that lol...

I find I just study all morning (about 8 oclock till 12) and then have afternoons off... I just cant concentrate in the afternoons... lucky most of my exams are in the morning lol

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC
xxJTxx said:
my breaks, more often than not, involve eating. :)

sometimes eating in front of the computer. or in front of the tv.

if im not eating, i just sit around...or go on the comp...(though i can't access my msn/myspace..as i had the pw's changed by my bro so i dont go on)...

yeah.

don't eat in ure breaks too much though. i've packed on too much excess weight cause of tht.
Amen! I eat and go on the comp. And watch TV. Sometimes I just do other little things that relate to the HSC but don't involve using brain capacity. But what you said is SO true LOL I've become such a pig. No one use food as break material because it WILL become addictive =P

christine*

HSC
I wake up at around 7.30 (or try to!) to simulate the time I'd be getting up during exam time... I work in 2.5 hour blocks, starting at 9, with half hour breaks in between...although I've found it hard to study in the afternoon, I become really lethargic at that time...I usually study maths at night because it is the easiest as it is just practice questions, doesn't involve too much memorising or anything...

Everyone please remember that we will get through the HSC. It's commonly known that the hsc is easier than the trials. It'll all be over soon, and remember that you are worth far more that your hsc results.
THE HSC WILL NOT DETERMINE THE OUTCOME OF YOUR LIFE.

Good luck to all, we're all in the same boat, stay positive, do try and smile now and then :)

williamc

HSC
christine* said:
It's commonly known that the hsc is easier than the trials.

:)
Biggest misconception ever. People think they are easier and that HSC markers "throw away marks" only coz we recieve aligned marks, which are higher than raw marks. We recieve raw marks for trials and thus people think the the trials were harder as they are lower.

christine*

HSC
Well that's what I've been informed by teachers and also friends who did the hsc last year.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
I always thought trials mark were harder..
not because of the marks we recieve, but mainly due to the difficulty and time restrictions.
For trials we have our exams in 2 weeks while hsc its 4 weeks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)