Study Camp (1 Viewer)

Miffy

I know this has probably been brought up before, but is anyone going on the study camps next holidays? I was going to a crusader one but they're booked out so obviously I can't go anymore. Does anyone know of any other good ones because I really wanna go.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I am going on the one thats in the link above.

My teacher is the director of Winter 1 and the founder of the entire camp thing.

I went last year, l didn't do much because l didn't like school but now l like it and l am going to take a whole suitcase of books and books and books.

I have already paid so if anyone is going to Winter 1, please pm me and l might see you there :)

Oh its my birthday on July 8th (the camp is from July 5 to July 11) so don't forget my birthday!!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Katie123
Do they help you and how does it work?
ps this is my 100th post i think
Have a look at the website for more info :)

But for now, l'll give you a run down of what happens:

We study for 6 hours a day, with a free period time in between. We study 2 hours at a time, or 3 on one day (which is used to essay writing and practise exams in similar coniditions). Sleep is 8 hours, we have breakfast then study for 2 hours. We then have morning tea, bible reading (which only goes for 1 hour and is compulsary - l'm not a true christian but its only1 hour, not too much to ask) then lunch. After lunch is another study (if l remember) then 3 hours approx. of free time. Then you study 2 hours again just before night.

You meet a lot of interesting and kind people!!

They have tutors for most subjects, and there are sometimes more than one or two tutors for one subject.

For the study part, we sit in a big room with chairs and tables. We sit in silence but last year we took lollies (a big jar) and our discmans (they can't be loud).

If you have any further questions or queries about the study conference l'm going to, please pm me :)

Miffy

Hey Misturi, do you know if there are many places left for that camp?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Miffy
Hey Misturi, do you know if there are many places left for that camp?
There should be, the phaplets were given out last term, but you can always apply!!

You'll never know if you don't go for it :)

If you can go to Winter one and be with me!

EDIT: I just emailed my teacher (who is directing the camp) how many places are left. I will be on tomorrow and tell you how many.

Last edited:

Giant Lobster

HSC
Why can't you people do 6 hours at home?
Paying to study... theres something fundamentally wrong with that. :)

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Why can't you people do 6 hours at home?
Paying to study... theres something fundamentally wrong with that. :)
how ironic considering in your signature you say "need a good english tutor. Money is not an issue" :p

Last edited:

caramelheaven

serial coconut.
HSC
im goin to sum crusaders one.... apparently their good so we'll see.
how is it fundamentally wrong? i reckon its heaps good cuz i get nothing done @ home!!! im the biggest procrastinator, and at camp somesones gunna make me study, and i get the help i need as well if i need it...and u get to meet new ppl as well, how is that not good??!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)