study during holidays? (1 Viewer)

waryap

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering... are you studying during the holidays?
well, are you revising, are you looking further into future topics, or are you just lazing around playing DOTA (LOL).
Anyway, for me, I haven't done much, just practice some maths and revised a couple of things.
what's your holiday study plan? ^^

determine

Premium Member
HSC
I didn't look ahead much. I used these holidays to relax. Best thing I ever did. I had heaps of friends who thought they'd try and get ahead and do al this extra stuff and adopt a fairly rigorous study regime - it ended up backfiring in their faces, and all of them achieved <95 ATARs as a result of overstudying and burning out too early.

Not wise. Chill out. Relax. Take a break. Go out a bit. Experience the world and all it has to offer. Because trust me, in this HSC year, you're going to need to really maintain a social life, otherwise you may suffer in other ways.

Taking this from experience, I got 99.9 this year by maintaining a fair bit of my social life, as well as various other extra curricular activities AND keeping up my study (although not consistently, but definitely in bursts when it was deemed necessary).

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I didn't look ahead much. I used these holidays to relax. Best thing I ever did. I had heaps of friends who thought they'd try and get ahead and do al this extra stuff and adopt a fairly rigorous study regime - it ended up backfiring in their faces, and all of them achieved <95 ATARs as a result of overstudying and burning out too early.

Not wise. Chill out. Relax. Take a break. Go out a bit. Experience the world and all it has to offer. Because trust me, in this HSC year, you're going to need to really maintain a social life, otherwise you may suffer in other ways.

Taking this from experience, I got 99.9 this year by maintaining a fair bit of my social life, as well as various other extra curricular activities AND keeping up my study (although not consistently, but definitely in bursts when it was deemed necessary).
Burning out is what happened to me in year 11 :(.
Do YOU think it is possible for me to bounce back? :(

determine

Premium Member
HSC
It depends. I mean, honestly, burning out in year 11 is something very stupid, and it should not have happened. The way not to burn out is to take heaps of time out for yourself. That's the only way you'll maintain a healthy and calm mind.

suling

HSC
I have just been making note according to the syllabus...pretty much because I have been too slack to do it as I go along..

Apart from that, I have an english essay to do (which I will probably knock of in the last day or two) and a food tech assignment (haha) and I'm planning to read some books for my major project in Extension History

bubbrubb

HSC
you dont need to do ANYTHING in the summer holidays except maths. in fact i would probably apply that to all your holidays except to the one before hsc and trials (if your trials are right after holidays).

trust me.

wrecking

derp.
HSC
my plan for the holidays is to catch up on watching the office.. and some movies. definitely GO OUT. probably catch up on maths hw i refused to do during the last weeks of school. read my english novel as required by the eng teacher. drink some juice. fuck yeah.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I havn't done a thing yet but rest and relax. On the first on January I plan to get into doing some work again, gradually picking it up to more work and perhaps altering workloads so suit the day (if I have work or going out).

Waiting for the Philosophy package to come as well ^_^

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Enjoy your holidays, but get some work done.

I suggest you guys come up with a creative story and polish it if possible, as well as polishing/getting super familiar with your belonging essay for english.

And get any majors or at least most of the work out of the way! Perhaps some light revision for subjects/catching up with notes is also a good idea.

Other than that, enjoy 'em! Go out and have some fun :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)