• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study & Exams (1 Viewer)

patty4848

HSC
Hey does anyone know how i can fix this...i study alot for the exams that are coming up...i am confident of knowing everything according to the syllabus, i walk into the exam room, sit down, read the questions, and forget everything and wonder what on earth i have been studying...i then walk out of the exam room and start to remember everything again...its really annoying. I also make a massive amount of stupid errors, especially in maths...
i worked out that if i knew how to add, subtract, multiply and divide lol, then i would have increased my ext maths 1 mark by 16%....:eek:
Does anyone have any tips...Thanks heaps

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
patty4848 said:
Hey does anyone know how i can fix this...i study alot for the exams that are coming up...i am confident of knowing everything according to the syllabus, i walk into the exam room, sit down, read the questions, and forget everything and wonder what on earth i have been studying...i then walk out of the exam room and start to remember everything again...its really annoying. I also make a massive amount of stupid errors, especially in maths...
i worked out that if i knew how to add, subtract, multiply and divide lol, then i would have increased my ext maths 1 mark by 16%....:eek:
Does anyone have any tips...Thanks heaps
Try practicing. And drinking roughly 2 bottles of Red Bull before every exam.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i have that very same problem too.

just keep revising. and do some practice tests i reckon.

and if all fails ,cheat.

its SO COOL TO CHEAT.

thats if cool to you means, not cool.

coz its not. seriously.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ahh you gotta know how to work under pressure.
do practice papers in exam conditions if you can...its the only way to improve, especially in maths and not get overconfident.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Study ages before the exams (1-2 months even). Do 1 practice paper a week or something.

Le3sah

HSC
timlay said:
and if all fails ,cheat.

its SO COOL TO CHEAT.

thats if cool to you means, not cool.

coz its not. seriously.
LOL what the...?

I have the exact same problem as you.
The reason I forget everything is because I become really nervous whenever I walk into an exam (especially if its Maths). Just try to stay calm before and during the test and you'll do fine.

cl3nta

HSC
I think it's because you aren't practising enough beforehand that you are feeling that. and dude "it's just an exam". I also thing you are putting exams way too high on the anxiety list. just chill. drink some alcohol if you have to ;) wait! did I just say that?! :p dont drink and exam.
so two things:
1. add more practice to your study regime and
2. stop the anxiety of exams. The cooler you feel about it, the better you shall perform.

cccclaire

HSC
its all just practise.
Maybe try asking your teacher for past papers and try going over them before tests and put yourself in exam conditions.
I don't really know, I've never really had that problem, when I study something, I remember it.

Pankcake Guddu

HSC
u and i suffer from the same problem. except i've learnt how to handle it. my problem was stress te negative stress made me forget everything. i find that the morning of the exam u should just relax urself and DONT CRAM THE NIGHT BEFORE. listen to some music talk to friends and just chilll. try positive reinforcent or build ur self up and just take it one question at a time. dont rush, read each question 2 times before u attempt it. before u put pen to paper figure out in ur head what ur going to do and then start writting.

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
回覆: Re: Study & Exams

Maybe you are just getting nervous... Sometimes, it's really easy to forget everything in subjects like chemistry, I ahd experienced that, it drives you totally crazy!!
I experienced that before , but just forget some of the things in Biology .
Well... I think the best way is wake up early in the morning of the exam and quickly flip through the notes you have wrote to have a overall last memory...

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I use to make alot of stupid mistakes (i still do sometimes), what i did was for every 1 question i got wrong from making stupid mistakes i made myself do 3 more questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)