• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

study for half yearlies (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
has anyone started yet? my exams start at the beg. of week 3 and I havent started studying yet. I have never really studied before but want to go well this year.

I do:
Economics
2U mathematics
English(everyone is doing the same, decide after exam)
SOR 1U
Chemistry
Biology
Business studies

What are some good study methods?

Tegz

HSC
my half yrs r in wk 4.. i havnt started studying yet coz ive had a heap of eng ex stuff to do over da hols (re-read Frankenstein n write a journal :'( .. i already have 10 pgs of notes n im just over half way thru.. am i looking into it 2 much?).. nyways... im doing:

2u mathematics
eng (mixed classes till after exams)
economics
physics
chemistry
eng extension
food tech

im just planning on doing summaries of everything .. which i shoulda prolly done as we went :p... and trying to remember as much as possible.. usually that gets me thru

as for study tips... it depends what type of learner u r... we had this day where they taught us good study techniques n this is some of what they told us:

if ur a kinesthetic/tactile learner (learn thru moving and doing / hands on approach) try making up flashcards and skimming thru text b4 reading in detail(good for ny1 really)

if ur auditory (learn thru listening) record ur notes n play them over, read summaries aloud, create mnemonics n "musical jingles", discuss ur notes with ppl doing the same subject .. i find trying to teach other ppl concepts [they suggested teddy bears???? wtf] works really well because u collect ur knowledge n understanding of the topic as u go..

if ur a visual learner use mind maps to convey ideas, visualise info, use lots of diagrams n tables

how important really r our half yearlies?

craziigal

HSC
uh oh

exams are first week back..and i haven't started either T_T
i was either too busy or was too lazy..more of the latter..
ahhh T_T diee T_T
i understand how to do the maths -_- but once im in the exam..and wen the results come out T_T i get quiet alot wrong T_T sobx**
oh well..same goes for economics too.. if they rewrite it in another form..my face just goes blank..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
er...i started summarising some of my work...but i dont know any of it as well as i should. especially maths, i've forgotten how to do stuff that we went over not three weeks ago! simple stuff like equations! ack! plus i still have a heap of extension work to do, and theres a bio assignment i should get cracking on, like, REALLY soon. *panics* should get off here and go study. should get off here and go study. should get off here and...*resolve fails* to hell with it. there's still 3 more days. Ahhh, procrastination, where would i be without you? at the head of the class, no doubt. heh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)