study for physics (1 Viewer)

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
It'd be good if your teacher works according to the syllabus, this way you could takes notes down on the day and file it into separate dotpoints for easy review later.

Really, have a look over it from time to time throughout the year, you really shouldn't cram.

Also, if possible, try to understand WHY and HOW it works, not just memorise the syllabus. The info will come to you easier in the exams.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah
the syllabus now is more theoretical and socially based that its kinda enjoyable (if ur not a complete maths freak, which im not)

silent bob

Study For physics is so much easier if an average physics lesson didn't start off like this "and the quantam theory is....." mid way sound like this "......hitler only had one testicle....." and end like this ".......and then my cats sat on her chest while she was sleeping, it was the cutest thing i ever saw!!" If anyone would like to know ANYTHING about my physics teacher's personal life, I have a ton of facts, ask me about physics and i'll stare at you blankly....:argue:

Jellymonsta

i am so fed up with hearing about Hitler's testicle... its not funny anymore!!!
ive broken physics up into about 9 core bits (relativity, motors, atomic/nuclear theory etc). i run through each section till i know it well, then move on to the next. when i understand the basic concepts, i can generally get pretty good marks with BS.

kaseita

am I the only one who hasn't heard this before?

I just read back through my notes and textbook...which I'm doing now :p

Ace-Pilot

Get the syllabuse paper for physics, go thorigh em and tick what ever u can properly explain/understand. What ever u cant tick make sure ure able to by tuesday.

zemaj

Me:
o Don't listen in class (draw people standing in all the picutre in my text book)
o Three days before exam (i.e. today) notes on every dot point and work through any maths stuff.

Easy!

...hey it worked for my trails!

-zemaj

Ace-Pilot

Originally posted by superhubert
i'd be happy with 100. I think my knowledge only falls short in my wording of answers. and hey... i thought it was just me who decided not to get a tutor for anything.
Nup, I never had a tutor and never will i rely on my motivation entirely. If i wanna learn something i will and if i dont i wont. Tutors cant change that.

Good aim for 100 so i can take u as competition :cool:

superhubert

half way between the gutter and the stars
why wouldn't you aim for 100? if you weren't, then you would be admitting to a knowledge fault and could study it! i actually enjoy studying physics (some of it) i study probably too far into my fav bits and not enough in the crap parts (projectile calcs) but who cares? i only need a uai of 78! if i didn't care i wouldn't have to study at all!!:D

Ace-Pilot

Im just leaving a 5% error margin u know just in case of misinterputing the question or forget to put certain units after numbers etc.
In actual fact im aiming for 100 but im also puttin a tiny bit of reality to it (Just in case).

It would be great if in the end we could find out our RAW mark and compare it to the scaling.

Will

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ace-Pilot
Im aiming for 95 + raw mark in physics. Think u can beat that ?
98 raw in trial

yes.

Ace-Pilot

Well does any one believe in the saying "No mater how good you are there is always some one out der better than you."

:graduate: :chainsaw:

Will

HSC
N/A
I believe:

"Real excellence and humility are not incompatible one with the other, on the contrary they are twin sisters."
-Jean Baptiste Lacordaire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)