Study for trials (1 Viewer)

^emmie^

HSC
My trials are in two weeks and i havent finished writting out notes for all of my subjects as i was planning on mosly finishing them off in the holidays but i was sick so practically got nothing done
do you think that i should continue writting notes (i prob wont have enogh time to finish all ) or should i just read over my class notes????

Redbeard

HSC
I think that you should keep making notes on the main points according to the syllabus, and anything that you don't really know about, and then read over the rest from your notes.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i would suggest the exact opposite. stop making notes, use what you've got.

most subjects you can do without notes. i'm doing most of my subjects without completed notes. you have to start the revision + practice process.

vizman

HSC
-pari- said:
i would suggest the exact opposite. stop making notes, use what you've got.

most subjects you can do without notes. i'm doing most of my subjects without completed notes. you have to start the revision + practice process.
i also think this is the best way :D

Loza33

HSC
I agree... i used to write notes... but found that i was basically just re-writing my class notes and gave up... i find the best way is to write heaps of practise essays.... i start with using my notes for one essay and giving myself an hour, then no notes and an hour, then 40 minutes no notes.... if you do that, i think it will help heaps! Notes are important, but they are useless if you cant put them into an essay....

Use what you have!

Good luck!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Practice exams.

It really does depend how you learn best though...so probably best to stick with what ever method has got you this far.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
which is more effective?-----for maths

a) study each topic by doing a few exercises in text book?
or
b) do practice papers?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
^emmie^ said:
My trials are in two weeks and i havent finished writting out notes for all of my subjects as i was planning on mosly finishing them off in the holidays but i was sick so practically got nothing done
do you think that i should continue writting notes (i prob wont have enogh time to finish all ) or should i just read over my class notes????
Whether or not you finish writing notes for the entire course is certainly up to you. My suggestion is to do cover every dot of content there is and if that means note-writing then you decide.

I think that at this late stage, you'd be better off reading over class notes and trying to fully understand the content from reading those notes, the textbooks and from the syllabus.

Buiboi said:
which is more effective?-----for maths

a) study each topic by doing a few exercises in text book?
or
b) do practice papers?
My suggestion is this. BOTH!

After learning the concepts and reading through examples, it is best to do some lighter textbook questions to reinforce what you've learnt. As your confidence and ability improves, then move onto exam type questions to get a feel of the sort you'd get in exams.

^emmie^

HSC
thanks for all your advice

i had my english paper one test today i think i did ok ... um except stupid creative writtong but i always suck at that

i still wrote brief notes n i did lots of maths past questions

thanks again

Dave2007

HSC
You all suck.

I started studying for my trials this morning.

That wouldnt be so bad if my first trial exam (eng paper 1) wasn't this afternoon...

I just can't get motivated at all compared to everyone else :( Like I'll sit down, have to revise the course with a foot-high pile of sheets in front me and just go "fuck it". WHAT CAN BE DONE!??! For example, my geography exam is tomorrow morning and no study done. But even now i just can't be fucked gathering that enormous pile of geography books. God I hate geography.

Heretique

HSC
My first trial exam is next wednesday. I am prepared in the sense that I've had my notes written for a while, its just the stress and pressure. I don't know if I can remember all that I need to remember. And I hate how over half of what we do in class and what I make notes for isn't even chosen to be examined. I really worried about one day of my exams because they put English Adv. Paper 2 in the morning then History Extension in the afternoon :(
I have no idea how well I'll do, I did really well in the half yearlys and came first in business, legal, english adv, ext english and ext history, the only one i didn't come first in was ancient, but now I feel pressured to do really well and if I don't I'll be letting myself down and others. I hate the pressure and stress of exams!!
By the way, I find the best way to study is to write notes and then read them over and over and over and over again. Personally, practice papers don't help me, but thats me. I find that when I do practice papers, I don't take it as seriously as the real thing and I perform much worse in practice conditions then real test conditions. Once again that's just me, the best way to study is what ever way you have felt has done the best for you.

Last edited:

Beege

HSC
I have business, my first exam on wednesday. After that I will focus all my efforts on english plus a little bit of IPT for the following monday (I have IPT on the same day but I am coming first and I'm way ahead of my class so it won't matter if I go shit) and wednesday. Then I will focus all my efforts equally on maths and software for the following monday. Then I will take a week off studying to celebrate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)