study guides (excel etc) (1 Viewer)

Rachael325

HSC
Hey im just starting year 12 and what does everyone think about study guides like excel for example. Are they worth getting? And which brand is the best. Also which subjects do u think study guides would be helpful in? I do 2u maths, adv english, french, economics and pdhpe. Thanks

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
HAHAHA excel for adv english...HAHAHA . I dont think so.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
Sarah168 said:
HAHAHA excel for adv english...HAHAHA . I dont think so.
lol same goes for standard.

how about those individual text study guides? meh screw it only 5-7 days till english

J

jhakka

The only Excel I use is Maths, and that's just for the exercises.

miss_pie

HSC
i used those little excel english books at the beginning of a unit when our teacher would just have us aimlessly read the text and i wanted 2 know what bits of the text i was actually meant to be picking up on. other than that i haven't looked at them since

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i use excel for maths and sdd

the phoenix for 2U is pretty good.

mishka

HSC
N/A
i use excel for maths, comm/fam and society. spanish doesn't have one (or need one) and after seeing the english one, i wouldn't bother. our english teachers photocopy stuff out of them anyway.

i think the only language courses that have excel guides are japanese and latin.. i'm pretty sure there's none for french.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i used excel for physics
and for circle gemoetry for extn 1 maths

thats about it mate

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Cribs/Books are crap unless they are exercise books with questions and worked answers for sciences and maths.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
oh yeah the excel sdd book is ok, it has some nice exercises with solutions. but for content i prefer samuel davis' book

VieTz_88

VieTz
HSC
withoutaface said:
Year 12 Lesson #1: Excel bad, Macquarie good.

How is excel bad? Have you used S.K Patel's 4uMaths book yet> Not all Excel books are bad its not like they're all written by the same authors.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
VieTz_88 said:
How is excel bad? Have you used S.K Patel's 4uMaths book yet> Not all Excel books are bad its not like they're all written by the same authors.
It was for other subjects not 4U. They have not mentioned 4U

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I find that only the Excel "Revise in a month" books are good and the specific module books for English. Otherwise I'd go for Maquarie.

mack

Banned
HSC
I also find excel books are rather summarised. They are good if you already have a solid body of notes, but not if you learn solely from them. Especially economics.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
VieTz_88 said:
Yes I have. I didn't find it to have any significant advantage over cambridge. I couldn't understand the explanations in either of them. The only way I learn is by doing the exercises, and cambridge has better questions, so it is better.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
oh yeah the excel sdd book is ok, it has some nice exercises with solutions. but for content i prefer samuel davis' book
that's because sam d's book is a textbook while the excel is for revision

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)